Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Old 09-12-2003, 23:28
Spleen

CodeLock -- Still Uncrackable??

Hi,

Even though this is my first post, I am not new to these forums and I have been a visitor for over a year now. I follow the cracking scene with a lot of excitement.

Reading through some of the old posts in this forum I read a few messages concerning CodeLock by RTSoftware (hxxp://wxw.rtsoftware.org) The author of CodeLock has issued a challenge to all crackers by gloating that his protection system was uncrackable... He even visited this forum on a couple of occasions and issued a personal challenge to everyone here.

I am surprised to find that NO ONE has cracked CodeLock yet. It seems to me most crackers on ths board are too busy having fun cracking every new version of Armadillo that comes out than attempting to crack something new... including this CodeLock, even though there is like a $2000 reward for cracking it.

This is really surprising to me, as I know there are some very high quality crackers who visit this board. So has anyone really tried? What's so tough about this than no one has been able to break it yet?
Old 09-12-2003, 23:44
Aka

i saw too much argument in TSRH message board
Topic Closed
Old 09-13-2003, 00:04
ysco

Yep i also read that on tsrh and why should they try it i know that they can crack it for sure but the whole story behind it i don`t trust.

Spleen it seems to me that you are the author or mabye you must try to find people and stimulate them to crack it for that author.I have seen this on many boards again and again i don`t trust it at all.

Why are you so curious ???? first thread started and then wrote this, this isn`t write like i say mabye you are the author.

ysco.
Old 09-13-2003, 00:17
Drunken Squirrel

Rept. Given: 4
Rept. Rcvd 9 Times in 4 Posts
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Rcvd at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Squidge Reputation: 9
This topic seems to be getting dragged up time after time, and each time, it seems to get less posts and more boring. Have you even tried doing a search on here, rce, etc?
Old 09-13-2003, 05:22
Lunar_Dust

It's really a matter of usage, overall. Since the protection isn't used in any of the popular applications, then there really isn't a need to crack it. I mean, why bother if it's never going to be used? There was a huge thread on the RCE board (which is still down) in which nikolatesla20 got quite far in researching this protector, and his theory was any app that could be actually ran "registered" could easily be redistributed by writing a CodeLock OCX wrapper - an he was successful at emulating this wrapper on his own machines. You can't, however, "crack" the FULL version of the app, since it's encrypted completely. But once you have ONE running version, you can then package it with an emulator.

Both niko and I agree that it's more fun to work on an actual commercial app. I just finished unpacking PropellerHead's Reason Demo, (packed with Thinstall) so I could remove the stupid 20 minute usage limit. How can I learn how to use such a complex program in only 20 minutes? That sux. Unpacked now tho punks.

-Lunar

Last edited by Lunar_Dust; 09-13-2003 at 05:24.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:47
gorge

Quote:
Originally posted by Lunar_Dust
It's really a matter of usage, overall. Since the protection isn't used in any of the popular applications, then there really isn't a need to crack it. I mean, why bother if it's never going to be used? There was a huge thread on the RCE board (which is still down) in which nikolatesla20 got quite far in researching this protector, and his theory was any app that could be actually ran "registered" could easily be redistributed by writing a CodeLock OCX wrapper - an he was successful at emulating this wrapper on his own machines. You can't, however, "crack" the FULL version of the app, since it's encrypted completely. But once you have ONE running version, you can then package it with an emulator.

Both niko and I agree that it's more fun to work on an actual commercial app. I just finished unpacking PropellerHead's Reason Demo, (packed with Thinstall) so I could remove the stupid 20 minute usage limit. How can I learn how to use such a complex program in only 20 minutes? That sux. Unpacked now tho punks.

-Lunar

A tutorial would be nice on unpacking PropellerHead's Reason Demo.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:12
Lunar_Dust

I think I could throw something together, I got all my notes right here

-Lunar
Old 09-14-2003, 03:18
VIP

Rept. Given: 0
Rept. Rcvd 16 Times in 4 Posts
Thanks Rcvd at 11 Times in 11 Posts
LaBBa Reputation: 16
Code Lock

Well i saw many Q about this "protector" like...

Code Lock works like this :

the author ask from the software writes to make 2 exe files
1 - is the full features exe file
2 - is the Demo version - not full writen..

the full version is compress and encrypt with Zlib (like Zip/Rar)
that uses password checking..

so when the registration will be not valid the UnZip would be unsuccessfull.. it will have a CRC error .. so it will load the demo version when the serail will be good it means that u have found the correct serial for the pass word of the Zip file.. (Zlib)

so .. the real Q is :

can u Crack a Serial / Pass of a WinZip or WinRar file ?

because thats what its all about ..

and since we all know that Pass Protected Zip file or Rar file are cracked only by Broute Force we answered our Q ..

Code Lock Serial Number IS UN-CRACKABLE !!

but .. once u will find/ have 1 ! yea just 1 ! good serial u can make a emulated OCX file that will return fake value and rip/Dump the real code that is the full version..

so ...

the good about Code Lock is : it got a Gr8 Serial protection

the BAD about Code Lock is : if u got just 1 good serial u can crack the ass of it !(for that app only .. not to all the apps that are protected with it..)

i hope that will end the Talking about this "protector" like..

BTW : Rayn .. Good work about the idea... keep working on it..

Best Regards , LaBBa .
Old 09-14-2003, 04:04
Drunken Squirrel

To be honest this is exactly the same as most other protections, including Armadillo's "level 9 signed key w/ enhanced hardware locking". Once you have a single valid key for an Armadillo locked application, then you have everything you need to unpack it, regardless of whether the key was locked to your hardware or someone elses.
Old 09-14-2003, 23:47
Drunken Squirrel

Maybe so, but I'm not sure how to do that, so I depend on having at least one key. Whether it belongs to different computer and whether or not it's expired doesn't matter.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:57
anti

Skamer: You are right, Armadillo is not very safe with thier stupid keys
Old 10-01-2003, 01:10
newbie007

couple quick questions about armadillo & codelock...

re: codelock, ok --

so reading about this... is the reason it hasn't been cracked
just because there don't appear to be any apps worthy of
cracking yet, so no one actually *feels* like cracking it?
(i.e., too much time to spend... for what?)

or is it that the protection is actually pretty good, and it would
just take a really long time? also -- based on what a few ppl
have done, does it appear you'd have to crack it on an app per
app basis, or possible to write a generic unpacker/uncoupler?

as for armadillo, do their extra protections for registered users
actually make it difficult (or must be cracked on app per app basis), or can those protections be easily circumvented as well?
Old 10-01-2003, 01:35
VIP

for CodeLock Read my post at page 1

about Armadillo ..

the unpacking is hard/long work .
but the Serial Gen Elgo is like CodeLock.. (in the main idea)
Old 10-01-2003, 05:54
Drunken Squirrel

Quote:
as for armadillo, do their extra protections for registered users actually make it difficult (or must be cracked on app per app basis), or can those protections be easily circumvented as well?
Armadillo is easy to unpack regardless of whether someone used the public version (downloadable from website and registered) or the custom build version, where each registered version is a seperate build. The only thing that makes it slightly more complicated is Nanomites, but they only add a few more minutes to each app protected with them.
Old 10-02-2003, 00:50
VIP

just to let u all know ..

i just done unpacking to armadillo v2.25 and less .. but since the all new featurse of MEM Copy II and the Nanomites i still didn't had time yet to do/try it... i just have took the tuts and read it ..
but didn't try to do those yet .. :/

i need to find me some free time and try it once and see how long it realy takes...