Old 09-16-2014, 18:07
VIP

Rept. Given: 2
Rept. Rcvd 21 Times in 9 Posts
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Rcvd at 65 Times in 34 Posts
jonwil Reputation: 21
IDA pro and Hex-Rays decompiler version question

I am currently using HexRays x86 1.5.110408 along with IDA 6.1.110315 and I see all sorts of reports about various leaks of newer versions of all sorts of IDA related things without really understanding it all.
Can anyone tell me:
1.If there are any working newer leaked versions of HexRays x86 than the one I have (and if so what to plug into Google or the exetools search box to find them)
2.Which version of IDA is the newest leaked version that will work properly with the aforementioned HexRays x86 version (either the one I have now or if there is a newer one, that newer one) and what search term do I need to use to find it? (assuming my current version of IDA is not the newest one that will work with my version of HexRays)
and 3.I see reports of a leaked version of HexRays ARM. Is this true, does the leaked version work and (if it does work) what search term do I need to use to find it (and the version of IDA I need to use alongside it)

Its confusing with so many posts, some of which talk about leaked IDA versions (all the way from 5.x on up), some of which talk about leaked HexRays versions, some of which talk about versions that have been "leaked" into the underground but not made public, others talking about hacked trial/demo/limited versions and still others that talk about what HexRays has released without actually talking about things leaked into the scene yet.
Old 09-16-2014, 21:14
Friend

Rept. Given: 0
Rept. Rcvd 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Rcvd at 0 Times in 0 Posts
stepanovich Reputation: 3
1. Nope.
2 and 3. You can find that in different places. It was posted here. There is a scene release as well that came from this forum, you can seach for Hex-Rays.ARM.Decompiler.v1.7.0.120531.READ.NFO-DVT. Both include a patched Hex-Rays x86 that will work with IDA 6.5.
Old 09-16-2014, 21:28
VIP

Thank you, that seems like exactly what I want.
The other thing mentioned at that link (the one that expands the hex-rays decompiler in a big way with things like C++ etc) seems awesome too.
Old 09-16-2014, 22:09
VIP

Anyone know of a fix for 6.5 to remove the "sorry, that idb is created by pirate IDA" error? (of course if I cant find a fix, I could always use IDA 6.5 to reverse engineer itself, find the "pirate check" code myself and make a fix
Also, I have the following plugins:
hexrays_helper.plw
IDA_ClassInformer_Plugin.plw
IDA_ExtraPass_Plugin.plw

Anyone know who wrote them and where I can find versions that will work with 6.5? (or if source code for them is available, that would help too)
Also, an IDA 6.5 SDK (if one exists) would be great (i.e. everything I need to be able to compile an IDA/HexRays plugin and have it work with HexRays x86 1.5.110408 and IDA 6.5.14011)
Tools too (e.g. tilib for making .til files)

HexRays for ARM is nice to have and it works too in my limited testing which is great
Old 09-16-2014, 22:29
Friend

Rept. Given: 0
Rept. Rcvd 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Rcvd at 0 Times in 0 Posts
stepanovich Reputation: 3
IDA extra Utilities:
  • Flair 6.5
  • IDA Pin 6.5
  • IDA SDK 6.5.131213
  • IDA SDK 6.5.131217
  • IDS Utils 6.5
  • Loadint 6.5
  • Tilib 6.5

Here:
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1mg6tuly
Old 09-16-2014, 22:47
VIP

Thanks, just need to find hexrays_helper.plw for new IDA (or its code so I can recompile it) so I can keep using it and its nice features and also some source code for the 6.5 version of hexrays_tools.plw (seems like original has source available, no idea if it was changed for the 6.5 recompile or not) so I can debug into it and find out why a few things ("Finalize Structure" in particular) don't want to work properly.