Exetools

Exetools (https://forum.exetools.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forum.exetools.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OllyDbg XP style (https://forum.exetools.com/showthread.php?t=8528)

5Alive 11-24-2005 05:34

OllyDbg XP style

I've seen screen shots of OllyDbg using the XP style manifest in tutorials and Olly's shadow. How can I do do this manually? I have tried using Heaven Tools Resource Tuner which doesn't work on OLLYDBG.EXE for some reason??

I'd like to try this for myself rather than use someone else's file, or use a version of Olly that only has the XP manifest and no other patches/fixes.

I seem to remember Trsh release such a file although I could be wrong as I cannot find it on the web.

Thanks guys.

5aLIVE.

babar0ga 11-24-2005 05:45

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go...

Just put the file in OD directory.

5Alive 11-24-2005 05:53

Thankyou very much! Hmm, just tried using the file and it doesn't makes any changes to the icon etc???

UPDATE: To answer my own post here is the file I was thinking of:
http://www.free-for-all.ru/tsrh/reliz/2004/12/ollydbg.1.10.xp.tool-tsrh.zip
5aLIVE

diablo2oo2 11-24-2005 23:16

if you have renamed the "ollydbg.exe" you also must rename the manifest file. then it will work.

btw, if you mean the icons with the big letters. they are saved in the resource as bitmap and have no relation to the xp style.

5Alive 11-25-2005 01:32

@diablo2002, I've confused the two. I assumed the XP style manifest changed the icons too.
I've got what I am looking for between the two files discussed. Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.

5aLIVE.

MaRKuS-DJM 11-25-2005 01:44

it changes normal buttons, but not bitmaps (in olly the buttons in the bar on the top are bitmaps)

5Alive 11-25-2005 17:27

@ Markus, I now realise they are bitmaps and not buttons as I first thought.
:cool:
Thanks.

ADX 12-03-2005 06:56

Add manifest

Hi.
If you want to put the manifest xp on Olly, you can do two things:
1. Use an OLLYDBG.EXE.MANIFEST file (if your olly names ollydbg.exe, sure ;)), that contains that XML data:
Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
    <assemblyIdentity
        version="1.0.0.0"
        processorArchitecture="X86"
        name="Olly.Debugger.XPThemed"
        type="win32" />
    <description>XP.Manifest</description>
    <dependency>
        <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity
                type="win32"
                name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
                version="6.0.0.0"
                processorArchitecture="X86"
                publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
                language="*" />
        </dependentAssembly>
    </dependency>
</assembly>

2. Or you can directly "embeed" these manifest info into the executable. To do this, you can use tools like Resource Tuner, PE Explorer or XP Visual Style Manifest. You can find a trial of all of this ones in hxxp://www.heaventools.com. This programs have options to make Visual XP themes (apply the manifest).
For change the icons, or bitmaps, use Resource Tuner or the tipical Resource Hacker xD (hxxp://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/).
For make your own icons you can use Axialis IconWorkshop.
For make your own bmps you can use Photoshop.
This is all.

Byez

Hero 12-05-2005 22:04

This is a really simple way,But thatnks for mentioning it... :D

Sincerely yours

5Alive 12-05-2005 22:16

@ADX thanks for the reply. I had already tried using the Resource Tuner to embed the XP manifest into Olly(see my first post). It didn't work for me, as it is unable to initialise the ComCtl32.dll.

Didn't you get this error? If you did, can you tell me how you fixed it please?

Thanks,
5aLIVE.

ADX 12-06-2005 01:38

Yes, I have this error (well, no error, its only a Warning, but maybe it crashes in some parts of the prog). Maybe you can inject code to initialize that, but do this, is difficult. Someone here maybe can do it for you, or ask to the creator of the XP modification (this XP modification: hxxp://www.free-for-all.ru/tsrh/reliz/2004/12/ollydbg.1.10.xp.tool-tsrh.zip) or ask for "dll injection", or something like that. Really, I don't know how, but I think that the only way is initialize the ComCtl32.dll manually, injecting code (with programs like Injerta, Snippet Code Creator, ToPo or IDD King)

Byez