Exetools

Exetools (https://forum.exetools.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forum.exetools.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SnD forum (https://forum.exetools.com/showthread.php?t=19745)

Shub-Nigurrath 01-06-2021 21:47

SnD forum

Hi all,
old urls I have are gone, are they still hanging around somewhere? Is their request forum still aline somewhere?

best
Shub.

Rasmus 01-06-2021 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shub-Nigurrath (Post 122197)
Hi all,
old urls I have are gone, are they still hanging around somewhere? Is their request forum still aline somewhere?

best
Shub.

It was dead for a while now.

p4r4d0x 01-06-2021 22:19

tuts4you all the members are there!

Shub-Nigurrath 01-06-2021 22:20

good thanks!

deepzero 01-06-2021 22:43

any news about accessroot.com btw? ;)

tonyweb 01-07-2021 00:05

Hi Shub,
it's not active like it used to be, but it's still alive :)
Code:

https://snd.webscene.ir/board
Like @deepzero, it would be nice to have news also about accessroot.com ;)

Best Regards,
Tony

Rasmus 01-07-2021 05:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyweb (Post 122202)
Hi Shub,
it's not active like it used to be, but it's still alive :)

The original site used to be
Code:

https://seekndestroy.space/board/index.php
Official original went down last year. This is just the SnD DB hosted as a sub-domain on webscene.ir.

Just as exelab.ru was presumably sold off, the SnD request forum also is now existing as a subdomain on the webscene.ir site as posted by tonyweb.

It is sad when forum owners give off or sell off forum databases with all the identifying details of their users to other parties without notice to the forum users.
Most users would want to delete off their PMs and even delete some of their more sensitive posts if they know that the forum database would be given off to third parties.

These concerns were raised by some of the users of the former exelab forum and are seen in that thread.

Nothing personal here but webscene.ir is hosted in a country against which some other countries have imposed certain sanctions. So, some members may not be happy if they know that the database would be under the control of that server owner and that they could come under scrutiny from law officials in future...

Shub-Nigurrath 01-09-2021 02:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepzero (Post 122201)
any news about accessroot.com btw? ;)

we had to move our stuff in another place. We found a new "safe" hosting and we're setting up the environment (LAMP) .. it just takes time but we'll be back

Rasmus 01-09-2021 04:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shub-Nigurrath (Post 122227)
we had to move our stuff in another place. We found a new "safe" hosting and we're setting up the environment (LAMP) .. it just takes time but we'll be back

Great news! A forum like it used to be or just the old tuts etc.?

Avoid the "parsavps" hoster group if possible. I heard a lot of bad things about them in relation to not respecting privacy of user data etc

Yelawolf 01-09-2021 05:04

Quote:

That great news it was snd where i got started learn back in the day.

JMP-JECXZ 01-09-2021 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasmus (Post 122203)
webscene.ir is hosted in a country against which some other countries have imposed certain sanctions.

at least it's warez bulletproof/cracking friendly, unlike hosting in europe.

QuakeGamer 01-09-2021 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMP-JECXZ (Post 122234)
at least it's warez bulletproof/cracking friendly, unlike hosting in europe.

Do not confuse the domain with the actual physical location of a website. According to their ip, webscene.ir is actually hosted in Germany at Hetzner.de. They will take down the website for any copyright related stuff, when being reported.

Rasmus 01-09-2021 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuakeGamer (Post 122239)
Do not confuse the domain with the actual physical location of a website. According to their ip, webscene.ir is actually hosted in Germany at Hetzner.de.

Physical location of their server you mean. I agree. The server maybe located in any country including Germany. Company is based in Iran. I have nothing against it being based in Iran but some users may not want to get into the spotlight and may want to not visit sites based in certain countries.

So I am say that before selling database containing priv user content incl PMs the admins must at least let the users delete them from their accs first!

marrom79 01-24-2021 20:38

Any latest news about snd requester board? used to be one cool space;
cheers,
m

kienmanowar 01-25-2021 16:54

Quote:

Great news! Hope to see the site back soon! ;)

Regards,