Exetools

Exetools (https://forum.exetools.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forum.exetools.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   kernelmode.info (The End of Adventure) (https://forum.exetools.com/showthread.php?t=18695)

Insid3Code 03-07-2018 04:06

kernelmode.info (The End of Adventure)

kernelmode.info (The End of Adventure)

Quote:

Forum will be shutting down at the end of March 6, 2018 due to site admin decision. Thank you all for your contribution and support from 2010 to 2018!

deepzero 03-07-2018 04:51

Is there a backup? Huge loss.

TechLord 03-07-2018 04:58

Yes, even I saw this a couple of hours ago and was quite upset...
Anyone knows what happened exactly ?

Or at least, does anyone know how to contact the owners/admins of the forum ?

TechLord 03-07-2018 12:44

Reasons for the shutdown of the site (R.I.P)

UPDATE: Someone seems to have renewed the domain.. Let's hope they bring the site up as well ...

More news regarding reasons for the shutdown of the forum :

Quote:

Today we mark the passing of a terrific information security site called Kernelmode.info. Created back in 2010 by a security developer named A_D_13, it quickly became a popular forum for the analysis of malware.

As a member of Kernelmode, it was always a place that I could go to discuss malware with people who knew far more than I did. If I discovered a particular infection, especially Rogues, or needed assistance in figuring out a solution to a particularly nasty rootkit, the members of Kernelmode were always ready to help.

While A_D_13 created Kernelmode, his presence was not always felt and the day to day running of the site fell to other well known security researchers such as FireF0X, who went under the alias EP_X0FF, Xylitol, and others.

According to FireF0X, as time went on A_D_13 become unresponsive and the administration of the site fell completely on the shoulders of the moderators. With the domain registration expiring today and with A_D_13's absence, the moderators have decided to close the forum and create the notification that it will be shutting down in order to warn its members.

Quote:

This message is from forum moderators. Site admin didn't even bother to visit it for last year and all site transition talks have failed for two years in a row because of admin absense. Domain will expire today and we want to warn all users this way. Cheers.
— FireF0X (@hFireF0X) March 6, 2018

Thankfully, some of the content from Kernelmode.info is available on the Wayback Machine, so all is not completely lost. Hopefully, someone will be able to grab the domain when it becomes available and continue to offer a neutral forum where those who are interested in information security can analyze malware together.

For now, farewell Kernelmode and thanks for all that you did!
Excerpted above from the original article on this page, just in case the page is taken offline ...

ionioni 03-07-2018 14:22

it's back online

TechLord 03-07-2018 14:46

Yes happy to say that it's back online again :)

It certainly wasn't so even an hour ago when I was typing out the post above ...

Cheers

FoxB 03-07-2018 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ionioni (Post 112556)
it's back online

"Forum closed for maintenance. We will be back soon."

ionioni 03-07-2018 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoxB (Post 112568)
"Forum closed for maintenance. We will be back soon."

It's just that, maintenance, no longer shutting down.

Insid3Code 03-09-2018 23:12

Quote:

We will be back soon
I appreciate that!
And the Adventure continue... :)

Evilcry 03-31-2018 23:50

ICYMI kernelmode.info is up and running with renewed management.

H4vC 04-01-2018 07:21

Really happy it didn't die, gleaned a lot from that website, it's probably one of the best sources about the windows kernel in english.