Exetools

Exetools (https://forum.exetools.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forum.exetools.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Exetools changed my life (https://forum.exetools.com/showthread.php?t=20364)

taos 12-02-2022 12:54

Exetools changed my life

Hi to all,
now that the scene in forums is down (still alive but going down) I want to tell you my history:
I am 50 years old, got at this forum at 2004. I discovered this forum and join it. I was programmer for hobby, not my job and learn in this forum how to defeat protections, unpack, reversing, etc... In 2005 crack Winzip shareware with your tuts and start a new way in my life. Put in Spanish scene a lot of free cracks to let people access to expensive software (in those years, free soft like now was impossible).
I started to crack OCX and then all Visual Basic stuff was for me, I had access to ALL libraries and professional SDKs trials. It was like all commercial SDK were free to me. Then, I was making big software and learning coding. A new job was in my life, programmer. When I made commercial soft, I bought the cracked SDKs by me. Then, I was making better soft with better results because at design time, I always could test any library or SDK at first to ensure my app will do any thing. Ocr, Facial Recognition, H264 SDk, etc..., etc... all my customers need I can put in my software for free at first and make the payment when I got profit.
Now I got a very decent life, got a lot of money making apps and all started here 18 years ago. So is for justice to SAY THANKS to this forum. A lot of friends are not here now, but others are still so THANKS TO LET CHANGE MY FAMILY LIFE and make my hobby be my job today. MAybe it was not the more legacy way but today I can say that have bought more commercial SDKs and software that other programmers, a lot of money for people that was craked previously by me. When I left to crack spanish soft, a lot of people had to buy new vers. because they was very dependent of that apps, so I am in peace with my reversing job. Now I'm very happy to tell you my history, a history that changed my life that started here.
Sorry for the bad english and for the long text,
I will be here while the forum will be live and I will not die :)
Regards

WhoCares 12-03-2022 01:29

just curious, how much money earned?:D

sh3dow 12-03-2022 02:22

Thank you for sharing this with us. It's interesting to hear the stories of other members, especially old members who paved the road for us and were part of the 'scene'.

TQN 12-03-2022 09:03

Long time no see @taos.
Wishing you health and success, my old friend
Brsg

Nacho_dj 12-14-2022 18:48

Excellent that you feel in that way, so congratulations for such a project of life because of your hobbies.

And yes, this board is and has been a very comfortable place to share lots of ideas and knowledge about reversing, developing, coding and so on... And no doubt you have participated very actively to improve all kind of challenges.

So, many thanks and keep that attitude, mate!

Quote:

Gracias por todo y mucha suerte en tus nuevos retos, que seguro seguirán siendo muchos e interesantes
Cheers! :cool:

Nacho_dj

Shub-Nigurrath 12-14-2022 19:33

This is the only old-style board left. accessroot unfortunately faded and then died a few yrs ago, and recently with the disappearance of woodmann, the entire site is now offline. As you know already, probably, all our tutorials are now hosted as a zip file by vx-underground. Nonetheless, I too, gave a twist to my cybersecurity career here. My competencies started instead in the BBS and the C64 hacking scene years before. Few mates as Nacho are still here since ARTeam years!!

taos 12-17-2022 04:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoCares (Post 126604)
just curious, how much money earned?:D

Not enought to buy Twitter :D

taos 12-17-2022 04:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by TQN (Post 126608)
Long time no see @taos.
Wishing you health and success, my old friend
Brsg

Wish the best to you too, thanks for your kindly words, my old friend.

taos 12-17-2022 04:48

Gracias a tí, espero que todo te vaya tan bien como te mereces. Un abrazo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacho_dj (Post 126712)
Excellent that you feel in that way, so congratulations for such a project of life because of your hobbies.

And yes, this board is and has been a very comfortable place to share lots of ideas and knowledge about reversing, developing, coding and so on... And no doubt you have participated very actively to improve all kind of challenges.

So, many thanks and keep that attitude, mate!

Cheers! :cool:

Nacho_dj

winndy 12-17-2022 17:38

best wishes.
How many friends are still doing reverse engineering?

RAMPage 03-15-2023 05:44

I found this forum one week ago, Im working in InfoSec learning lowlevel, for me you are heros, and I hope to be one day too.

Quote:

Gracias por todo lo que diste @taos , seguramente haya usado alguno de tus cracks.
My question is how I can give to the community something usefull. And have fun in the process.

raven 04-04-2023 17:42

Have fun!
Better late than never.

raven 04-04-2023 17:43

Have fun!
Better late than never.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAMPage (Post 127330)
I found this forum one week ago, Im working in InfoSec learning lowlevel, for me you are heros, and I hope to be one day too.

My question is how I can give to the community something usefull. And have fun in the process.

RAMPage 04-04-2023 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven (Post 127470)
Have fun!
Better late than never.

Why better late than never?

psgama 04-28-2023 09:17

I find exetools through other forums that are no longer. Many resources here, helpful friends too.