View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 01:08
ISquishWorms

Hi everyone,

Thanks for trying to help me in this matter JuneMouse much appreciated I had considered that the .udd and .bak files may of become corrupt and this is partly why I had downloaded Ollgdbg again and tried it in a different folder with no success.

I tried your sfc /scannow suggestion and it did report some files that seemed to have been modified and I replaced them using my XP installation CD and rebooted but unfortunately the problem was still there (I never knew about sfc so I have learnt something new even if that did not seem to correct the issue I am having).

Then reading you reply further you mentioned antivirus which suddenly reminded me (thank you so much your now my top mouse!) that the problem had first appeared after installing ZoneAlarm Security Suite Version 5.5.062.004. No I thought to myself this can’t be the reason as I have the antivirus in ZoneAlarm turned off. However I decided to install ZoneAlarm on another PC (that I was still able to trace on using Ollydbg) and one of the applications which until recently I have been able to trace without a problem and sure enough I get the same exception an as previously mentioned and shown below.

(msvcrt.77C114BC), ASCII "Access violation - no RTTI data!"

Yes it is 77 maybe ZoneAlarm is relocating it for its own evil purposes I have no idea.
Strangely the program I am trying to trace will still run and execute fine outside of Ollydbg which I also don’t understand.

Which brings me to conclude that there is a compatibility issue between ZoneAlarm Security Suite Version 5.5.062.004 and I guess possibly other versions of ZoneAlarm Security Suite?

After establishing the cause I tried closing ZoneAlarm Security Suite but this does not solve the problem either. I am guessing I need to uninstall ZoneAlarm Security Suite completely because I sure am not doing away with my Ollydbg that wins every time over ZoneAlarm Security Suite! I am just hoping now that once I have uninstalled and removed ZoneAlarm Security Suite completely that I will be able to trace these applications again without any problems I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again all those that helped me in resolving this matter,

ISquishWorms. (Don’t let them bytes beat ya!)