View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 21:31
game tech

Rept. Given: 16
Rept. Rcvd 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Rcvd at 13 Times in 8 Posts
dion Reputation: 2
i am new in reversing arm binaries. but, i don't think running that big elf file would be any use. or maybe qemu has debug capability?

been trying to setup qemu as ida debugger but it just hangs at start up. and there's really little information about this (ida and qemu) in the web.

Quote:
Looks like standard BF, in encryption mode (arg3 mode !0) takes a string as arg2 and returns a base32 of the encoded BF as arg1, I've also checked the random digit tables from the a binary and they're identical to the standard BF (for eg. this)
have known about the tables. but warn you, the base32 is custom one, not standard base32. which might be where i failed to reproduce...

Quote:
Maybe if you can show some sample pairs of input/output strings to LCEncryption::EncryptDecrypt
what i have is i believed not for this function, but for LCUserManager::CheckPassword. There is only one pair.
1824781686.png

Quote:
I don't have the proper arm env to debug the exe, tried it in qemu but it cries for missing so libs and some (QT) are compiled for this embedded app (ie not something that can be googled for) maybe if you can make a rootfs of the env or don't know, do a find / -name \*.so and only pack those (you have at least read access because of the a binary)
i have actually something else in my mind, it is to just "stitch" those functions into a somekind pre-conditioned hello world app compiled for arm. does it sounds right? i mean achieveable?

thanks

Last edited by dion; 10-06-2020 at 21:47.