View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 12:20
Family

Rept. Given: 26
Rept. Rcvd 126 Times in 63 Posts
Thanks Given: 54
Thanks Rcvd at 733 Times in 280 Posts
atom0s Reputation: 100-199 atom0s Reputation: 100-199
Based on all the videos I've seen on Windows 11 from the various major tech YouTuber channels; Windows 11 so far has proven to be slower than Windows 10. Completely the opposite of what Microsoft has been trying to boost about it. Couple that with the new Intel CPU launch that was partnered with Microsoft to have a better schedular based around their new E-Core/P-Core setup, reviews also showed the CPUs still performed better on Windows 10.

Windows 11 so far to me is just a reskin of Win10 with new means of locking the OS down for more telemetry data. They have changed almost all the basic/simple apps from simple Win32 exe's into bloated UWP apps or similar. (ie. Notepad is like 70mb now instead of being 200-300kb.)

I haven't personally installed it to try it out since I have no interest in Windows 10 or 11. I have 10 installed for work related stuff, and I have it heavily modified/locked down so it has no means of updating or sending anything out unless I say so etc. Personally wont be touching 11 ever unless Microsoft rolls back some of their anti-consumer nonsense they are doing with it so far. (Update settings being blocked, the dumb as fuck task bar / right-click menu changes, the nonsense with default apps like Edge browser, etc.)

With gaming on Linux getting closer to being a mainstream thing, they are going to seriously need to stop being idiots towards their userbase or more people will just make the move to Linux in the future.