View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 02:26
Family

Rept. Given: 64
Rept. Rcvd 80 Times in 43 Posts
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Rcvd at 11 Times in 9 Posts
RedBlkJck Reputation: 80
Well... I'm picking up a new drive today. This gives me a reason to get something a little faster and bigger. I've had an SSD sitting here but was waiting till I cleared off the current drive to be used with the smaller SSD. If the problem is gone, I can keep the old drive around and examine it better offline. If anyone has run into this problem before, I'd still appreciate the reply.

BTW I was really tired and increasingly roasted when I replied... I should have included some further explanation and context. That is a simple unpackme/patchme for use of the watermark function of PEC in Delphi. If anyone is learning PEC it's written to be very simple, give it a try.
By protected files, I meant files that throw similar anti-debug exceptions like PEC does. Before this started happening, I was looking at a target that uses more advanced plugins of PEC with some twist. When I noticed the same results were happening with my unpackme, I kept using the unpackme as the test app.
I hashed the unpackme before posting it on another forum awhile back and the hash is valid. I'm 99.9% sure it's not the unpackme causing the problem but that .1% can be a PITA... LOL

Cheers - jack

Just seen the other reply. Sorry about that. Yeah I am thinking it's has to do with the drivers. I've looked for rogue drivers and nasties but nothing showing itself. The BIOS is unlocked but I have the VT set to stock. Also using an i7. Seen there was a bug with this cougar chipset but that feature is disabled in the BIOS. One item I didn't look at yet is I patched the terminal service to allow multi connections not too long ago. It shouldn't be related but I'll look at it. Thanks for looking into it. If I find what it is, I'll post the solution.

Last edited by RedBlkJck; 12-18-2014 at 02:34. Reason: add on