VIP

Rept. Given: 23
Rept. Rcvd 118 Times in 28 Posts
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Rcvd at 30 Times in 14 Posts
cyberbob Reputation: 100-199 cyberbob Reputation: 100-199
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.exodia View Post
What is this 'DIA' thing you are talking about to load symbols? Is it open source?
it's open source, comes with Visual Studio you should have it in VS path e.g. "c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\DIA SDK\Samples"

Quote:
And could you maybe give me some pointers as to how you recognize functions and local variables?
first I scan to find begin and the end of the function (it's not always an easy task) and then just 'walk' the function marking, recording instructions related to stack pointer.

Quote:
Another small thing, is the arrow location just 'wrong' or is is placed between instructions for a reason?
there is no reason, it's calculated based on QFontMetrics lineSpacing. Please change font to get hopefully more accurate position but personally it did not bother me that its a millimeter off.

Quote:
On and before I forget it, could you share some insight on how you implemented these python functions? I saw the python libs, but do you have some trick to auto generate the required function definitions or is it all manual work?
it's manual work but you could use SWIG if you have a lot of functions.

Cheers