Family

Rept. Given: 18
Rept. Rcvd 72 Times in 30 Posts
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Rcvd at 3 Times in 3 Posts
*RemedY* Reputation: 72
ICELicense - no idea where to start

Hi there,

did anyone ever come across a program protected by ICELicense? I am currently working on a prog called PentaSuite 7.1. After installing it, I tried to load it in Olly but Olly crashed immidiately. Furthermore my browser crashed if i opened a thread in Ollyforum when there was the word "Olly" in the topic. Moreover I was not able to attach to the running process - Olly crashed again. As a workaround I renamed every occurance of Olly within the OLLYDBG.EXE to 0lly (its a zero). I found that hint at woodmans. After this renaming-effort (the .exe + plugins), I was able to start debugging. I found out that this prog is protected by ICELicense. I searched the web and found this site:
hxxp://www.ionworx.com/IceLicense.html
They claim to be as good as noone else. Are they really? As I am not able to break within the prog, I ask if someone knows where to start with this. Any hint is greatly apprechiated.

Best regards
*RemedY*

edit: They say on their website that these License-System uses encryption with eliptic curves. The private-key is stored inside the application. The secret one remains at the developers. I found the public-key and a trial-license in the code. The trial-license is for user/company trial/trial. Is it possible to compute the secret-key out of the public-key together with the license? Just the way as one would do it with RSA. Thanks again

Last edited by *RemedY*; 09-18-2004 at 22:23.