Old 10-04-2016, 04:26
Friend

Rept. Given: 1
Rept. Rcvd 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks Given: 65
Thanks Rcvd at 106 Times in 28 Posts
Giotis Reputation: 2
@TechLord here's my perspective as a new member:
I know i haven't contributed anything of value and my guess is that it will take a while to do so. I guess that it would be great for everyone if the return value of my acceptance as a member was skyrocketing right after my first login but it's certainly not the case, at least not for me. And to be frank, i don't believe that's an reasonable expectation.
So, what's the point of me being here you may ask and you'll be right. All i got is this: Learning. And familiarizing with you guys.
What's in it for you and all the experienced members? Nothing at all, probably more noise in a thread you participate/read. However, the noise should not be of a high volume due to the rules i had to agree before signing and the "no-second-thought" ban i'll get as a newbie, if i break them. What else may be in for you; If you have some spare time to help a promising newbie, a teaching experience of some sort, should you choose to do it. Bottom line, it's both a bet and some inconvenience for you (and by "you" a mean all old members).
But look at the bigger picture if you may: Maybe 1 out of 10 new members turns out to be a member worth having. Maybe 1 out of 40. Is that ratio acceptable? No idea, probably the mods will decide this.
Obviously, there are new members who go straight for the download access, no doubt about it. I'm not going to elaborate on that since i am 100% with you.
Just my 2c.
Cheers
The Following User Gave Reputation+1 to Giotis For This Useful Post:
TechLord (10-04-2016)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Giotis For This Useful Post:
Hypnz (10-05-2016), ZeNiX (10-11-2016)