View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 01:01
Banned User

Rept. Given: 384
Rept. Rcvd 247 Times in 112 Posts
Thanks Given: 789
Thanks Rcvd at 2,022 Times in 571 Posts
TechLord Reputation: 200-299 TechLord Reputation: 200-299 TechLord Reputation: 200-299
@sky , @chants and others :

I already wrote everything clearly here I believe.

Could we please avoid discussing these ISOs in this PUBLIC section of the forum that is visible to all, including the indexing search engines ?

Thank you for your understanding

@chants: Obviously they DO work. That is why Microsoft is unhappy about it. That is why MS does not care about the many repacks/customized versions of the Windows installers available from various groups but has decided to target only mine.

Put simply, my releases had been aimed to be Windows XP version of the Windows 10 (you just needed to change the desktop wallpaper to the Windows XP one, that was all).

To make matters worse for MS, I did not add any "extra" files into the ISO (and thus ALL the existing files in that distro would validate correctly with SFC /scannow , for example) while at the same time, all the filter drivers that MS put in there to have control of our file system and telemetry (among other activities) have been mercilessly truncated off from the install).

As I'd said earlier in Feb when I released them in this forum, these distros were initially created for my internal use in my company with the sole aim of having a WINDOWS XP version of Windows with the full features and security of Windows 10. A lot of research, time and energy went into the creation of these distros as we needed to preserve the functionality and at the same time make them as sleek as possible, for the purposes of reversing, especially for DRIVER DEBUGGING, for which the existing Win 10 distros were VERY HIGHLY restrictive.

So , my request, please stop this discussion in this section of the forum. Thank you

P.S (An Update) :
Now, while the Microsoft guys agreed I was right that I had not "pirated" or otherwise "cracked" the ISOs in any way, I was apparently "illegally distributing their software without permission" .. Haha

So I am working out a way with my company attorneys (of course, I do not pay them anything extra for just this matter ) to look for a "loophole" that would enable me to share the distros (the newer modified and refined ones) with all of you soon.

Presently, the lawyers say that if someone downloads from a share on our server that has been "accidentally" left open, then ...

Last edited by TechLord; 06-12-2018 at 02:31.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TechLord For This Useful Post:
alekine322 (06-17-2018), an0rma1 (06-12-2018), Debugger (06-12-2018), Indigo (07-19-2019), kienmanowar (06-12-2018), sackpower (06-16-2018), tonyweb (06-12-2018), wild (06-12-2018)