View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 05:41
VIP

Rept. Given: 37
Rept. Rcvd 48 Times in 30 Posts
Thanks Given: 671
Thanks Rcvd at 1,064 Times in 482 Posts
chants Reputation: 48
Well an XOR cipher on a handful of bytes is the most partial and Ancient encryption method . It makes sense given that encrypting video data itself with something strong especially would turn a computer into a space heater, and would probably cause stuttering and glitching. Encrypting selective consecutive frames or a good number of other options might work. Or hardware specially designed for the purpose perhaps. But the excess CPU on what is such a real time priority task makes a perfect solution impossible. Even AES with processor intrinsic would probably be too costly. Nice solutoon and script to go with it though

The post editing feature is only enabled for a fee minutes after posting, and it is beneficial since it's better to preserve mistakes and keep context in a thread then see history being rewritten to the point a thread no longer makes sense. In my experience, the edit timeout is always increasing quality of discussion. It's even used all over now, I've seen StackOverflow won't let me edit comments after some amount of minutes. Once you see the feature overused, and the difficulty it causes, you can understand the policy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chants For This Useful Post:
yologuy (04-08-2020), ziapcland (04-13-2020)