Rept. Given: 1
Rept. Rcvd 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Rcvd at 12 Times in 8 Posts
foil Reputation: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by raduga_fb View Post
You need to eat much more bread.

Who said that pass_1 & pass_2 should be name & email? They are already mentioned above.

string pass_1 = "?????" <- 5 digits = Li***

string pass_2 = "??????" <- 6 digits = To****
Hi @raduga_fb
Ahhh, okay, that worked! I do need much more knowledge with encryption and decryption. I am reading lots of material about the subjects, and am rewriting your code by hand on paper to try to understand the flow a little better

I did receive an error on a second test machine about the Registration Code not being a valid Base64 string, but I'll cross that bridge later.

Thank you again for all of your help, I haven't ever put much effort into reversing keys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempoMat View Post
I did some tests on step 2 with different values for the VolumInfoA
2. AK2 = the Hex2SignedDec(VolumeInfoA("C:\")) from Res2
and found out that if the value of the VolumeSerialNumber is positive i.e. below 0x80000000 then the converted value has a space(0x20) instead of "+" before it.

Final thing to note is that the RegCode should always be generated on the target computer. Then the 3 checks the program does are all related to the result from Step2

First it gets the Hex2SignedDec(VoluemInfoA("C:\")=>VolumeSerialNum then decrypts the RegCode and the ActivKey and final does the following comparisons:

Is VolumeSerialNum=Res2 from decrypted RegCode?
Is VolumeSerialNum=AK2 from the decrypted ActivKey?
Is Res2=AK2?
I appreciate all of your help as well, @TempoMat !
I am studying over everything that everyone has told me and am not going to give up on it! Thank you so much