View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 20:54
Parity Error 0x0FF2131D

Rept. Given: 0
Rept. Rcvd 5 Times in 1 Post
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Rcvd at 21 Times in 10 Posts
gabri3l Reputation: 5
As a reverser who has been out of the scene for quite a few years; I have found the time and opportunity to do some quiet reading and learning. I will tell you that from then to now, not all of it comes back to you so fast.

Here are my observations from then to now:
x64 is much more common now. This is evident in the tools being currently developed. As a side note, I have to say I am very impressed with the progress of x64_DBG

Personally, the server/client/cloud model is popular changing the paradigm of reversing. This means as reversers there is going to be a larger portion of knowledge dedicated to networking, protocols, and software communication in general.

Mobile has also become big in the past 5 years. There is some fantastic information out there addressing mobile reversing. But this is another area that will continue to develop and I watch it with interest.

Malware/Virus protection becoming enforced in the OS has influenced the way programs operate during execution. This has slightly increased the complexity of the way we reversed program execution and memory 5 years ago.

Personally as I have been studying and learning again, I am very impressed with the direction reversing has taken in 5 years. The quality of information that is available continues to grow and this community that I am proud to be a part of still remains curious! I am glad to still see some familiar names still around pushing the bounds of our understanding and the new names making a strong influence.
bolo2002 (06-09-2014), Nacho_dj (06-10-2014), Shub-Nigurrath (03-27-2024), Vivaldi (06-09-2014), Youtoo (06-22-2014)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gabri3l For This Useful Post:
foosaa (07-17-2015), trodas (06-27-2015)