View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 07:41
Friend

Rept. Given: 4
Rept. Rcvd 3 Times in 1 Post
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Rcvd at 1 Time in 1 Post
piccolo Reputation: 3
1: No, it is not that simple. Every vendor gets a specific set of keys which is compiled into the dll or lib file that is used to make the exe that you run. They are also used to make a customised lmcrypt.exe. So you would need to do some debugging to figure out those keys. Next to that you also need to check in which way the flexlm library is being used. Although mostly it will be used exactly as in the examples with the flexlm library. Anyway. The hostid=.. is found returned by the flexnet licensing utility lmhostid or by using the lc_hostid() function in your code. Generally the hostid is your uppercased mac address of your first ethernet card without spaces,minus signs and other stuff that doesnt belong. I am kind of amazed that it says HOSTID=ID=.... that is new to me. It should say HOSTID=..your mac number..

2:SIGN=... uses the lc_cryptstr function. So basically your compiled lmcrypt replaces the SIGN=0 with the SIGN=... based upon the vendor keys and other options you use. To fiddle out how it exactly works takes lots of work, you are better recompiling your own lmcrypt.

3:The PACKAGE feat1 ... 11AA22BB33CC ... has a signature SIGN=44DD55EE66FF . This is a line that belongs together even tho it is split up in two lines. So also here you should use the proper lmcrypt to generate the SIGN (hence again you need the vendor keys).

4:The ck=... doesnt look to be a standard piece, it looks vendor inserted.

5:As I said HOST=ID=... is strange. See answer 1.. And you would want to use HOSTID=ANY indeed.

6:A PACKAGE line is like PACKAGE packagename vendor [packageversion] COMPONENTS=packagelist [SUPERSEDE[=p1 p2 ..]ISSUED=date] SIGN=signature
A PACKAGE line is handy for using the a line for the license file that is has a large number of features, which largely share the same FEATURES (and thus also INCREMENT) line part. So basically if you think in classes it is the main class with its properties. The FEATURES are the properties that get put on the derived class.
Anyway this is pretty complex so I advise you to find the LicensingProgAndRefGuide to find all the details.. So google around and you'll find all the info needed.