Rept. Given: 0
Rept. Rcvd 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Given: 396
Thanks Rcvd at 10 Times in 7 Posts
binarylaw Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eychei View Post
Hi,

actually I would like to try a group buy. Is anyone interested? I do have a company to get a quote.
How can we do this? Is it much cheaper? Or just say 10% off?

-e
You mean you know a reseller we could buy through? Or meaning you have your own company? Either way, that'd be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptXor View Post
It has happened, I know of one off the top of my head that I 'heard from a friend of a friend', so nobody PM me asking for a seat...
Chinese group, has been 'group buying' and renewing for a while now. I don't know if its from a re-seller in China or HexRays directly, but if it works, who really cares? Buy-in was 7000 CNY initially, for all platforms and plugins, but its basically been the same group of guys since it started.

However, in general, I'm inclined to agree. I doubt anything that is organized with the expectation of "let's pool small amounts of money and just pay for a license" will be very successful, given the actual cost involved.

I'm very interested to see how Hex-Rays responds to Ghidra when it eventually get's a debugger. Price cuts maybe? Not being so anal about your clients? The NSA has certainly lit a fire under Ilfak's ass lol...
Hmm maybe it's the same Chinese group I found that were also doing a group buy.

I agree on being interested to see their response to Ghidra. I expect that the analness will have to go down pretty soon, and the humility up