Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #32  
Old 09-07-2026, 23:26
th3tuga th3tuga is offline
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2023
Posts: 59
Rept. Given: 0
Rept. Rcvd 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Rcvd at 26 Times in 15 Posts
th3tuga Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shub-Nigurrath View Post
Hi all,
The discussion went on for a while, and I saw my name mentioned a few times. To clarify my point, I was saying that AI, before or above everything, is a gigantic tracking tool. It can track what you do with it on an unprecedented scale

So it's better to avoid the risk altogether and switch to a local OSS model, e.g., via Ollama, which is blazing easy, and use Claude or Codex with another model under the hood.
Thank you @Shub-Nigurrath
This is one of the main reasons I prefer using local models for reverse engineering is the critical need for privacy. There is a significant body of legal precedent demonstrating how easily law enforcement can obtain chat and usage histories from cloud providers to deanonymize users and link their digital activities to their real-world identities.

For commercial targets, I think abliterated models are the best long-term option. Both the privacy concerns above and the fact that they waste huge numbers of tokens on ineffective attempts make me feel that local LLMs are the better path forward for reversing.
Could you provide some practical guidance on integrating and utilizing local large language models, such as Qwen 3.8, with IDA Pro and x64dbg? @squareD, and I have spent the last few days asking for a viable solution; while theoretical frameworks are plentiful, we are struggling to find a concrete, functional implementation. We are specifically seeking the technical "how-to" and the practical steps necessary to bridge these tools effectively.

@Fyyre, Thanks for the answer. I intend to explore Grok Build as well, though I will first determine if I can acquire an account anonymously without using a credit card to ensure there is no traceable link to my actual identity. The privacy concerns mentioned by @Shub-Nigurrath are very real.
Reply With Quote
 

Tags
mcp, mrexodia

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:49.


Always Your Best Friend: Aaron, JMI, ahmadmansoor, ZeNiX, chessgod101
( Since 1998 )