Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Old 11-13-2006, 15:28
iwill

Weird .Net app compression problem

i m making a small .net compressor, while after i added a small decompressor section in the end of the pe file, while after everything is done, the system reports "Strong name validation failed for assembly
'C:\test\my.exe'. The file may have been
tampered with or it was partially signed but not fully signed with the correct
private key
."

It is really weird, because i did not add any strong name in the exe
any guys met the same problem?
Old 11-15-2006, 00:55
Lunar_Dust

.Net apps are very, very strict in their PE layout and structure. I doubt you can reliably connect your own section on to a .NET PE file. It would be better to make a normal launcher EXE, and then embed the .NET app into that in a new section, and use reflection to launch it from memory.

I'm assuming you have read thru the ECMA specs for .NET PE structures. It does make notes like required section alignment, etc. From my experience it is really not possible to modify a .NET PE file in "old" ways of how most protectors work - once you do so, the .NET program will not run.

-Lunar
Old 11-15-2006, 11:25
iwill

can reflection be used in normal win32 exe? it's same another way, compress the .Net application and add as new section in the normal win32 lancher exe, when lancher exe starts, it first decompress .Net application and then lanch it from memory by using reflection?

Is my understanding right? While how to lanch .Net from memory by using reflection in win32? i know little about .Net exe and reflection.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:25
Lunar_Dust

yes, the method you describe is correct. Google for ".NET protection" and you will get some hits. Also check out ARTEAM's new .NET cracking e-zine (get it from ARTEAM site) and inside that tutorial are many refereces to external information, which will also lead you to what you are looking for.

-Lunar
Old 11-17-2006, 05:52
VIP

Rept. Given: 60
Rept. Rcvd 419 Times in 94 Posts
Thanks Given: 68
Thanks Rcvd at 330 Times in 100 Posts
Shub-Nigurrath Reputation: 400-499 Shub-Nigurrath Reputation: 400-499 Shub-Nigurrath Reputation: 400-499 Shub-Nigurrath Reputation: 400-499 Shub-Nigurrath Reputation: 400-499
this is almost the same trick I saw in the application I used for the tutorial Lunar_Dust told you (primer on .net), see my chapter inside it