Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Old 11-22-2003, 19:00
Rhodium

astalavista.box.sk

What's the story behind that site? They seem to archive every crack in existence! Who makes all these cracks?

The reversing community seems so small, and yet almost every single version of every single program gets cracked without fail just as it is released. Where are all these hundreds of "Scene-crackers" anyway?

I guess "the scene" has lots of skilled people that we just never hear about, and just never come in contact with. The net is a big place I guess.

I guess the "community crackers" and the "scene crackers" are like day and night, two separate entities. Two groups of people that do exactly the same thing but never really cross paths.

Last edited by Rhodium; 11-22-2003 at 19:04.
Old 11-23-2003, 01:44
koncool

Well, go to efnet and join a channel in this form: #groupname. If you are lucky and it is public (i.e. no key), ask for a trial
Old 12-09-2003, 08:44
MrAnonymous

Scene crackers watch over public forums, but you probably dont no em when you see em. As for just joining a chan on efnet and asking for trial, not many groups worth being in would have such lax security - as all of the 'scene' is very paranoid as a whole for good reeason of course.