Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Old 05-19-2006, 01:29
perrin

[New Dongle Experience]: SparKey

Good morning,

With my first post i thought i would provide a bit of information on a new dongle type ive experienced. It is produced in Beijing and according to their website has the following functions:

"SparKey envelope encryption and API call, encode and decode function, provides 128 bytes user memory space, seed code function, supports user defined algorithms, offer high security files encryption tools and the relevant programming interfaces"

http://www.spktec.com/eusbcp.htm

Although they say they are popular, this is the first instance of this dongle ive seen. I'd be interested in seeing what can be done in reversing, emulating or dumping it.

Although i'm relatively new to dongles i've worked with hasp, hardlock and sentinel before, as well as working on a current project with WibuKey (which is proving to be quite difficult for me).

I hope this proves to to be a "substantial" post, i'd like to provide whatever information i can to you guys since i have devices handy that use this Spark Dongle. I've had no luck dumping it via the normal means, but if anyone's interested i'll try some stuff.