Old 03-02-2005, 08:59
Friend

Rept. Given: 0
Rept. Rcvd 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Rcvd at 1 Time in 1 Post
kittmaster Reputation: 0
Question Working with wisdec on xp

I've decompress wisdec and it runs fine on XP, I've also tried it on my win98 machine as well so I know there isn't any issues.

the problem I'm having with my target setup.ins file is that it processes almost to 58A5h and I get this error array out of bounds. It does it on both win98 and winxp machine. It is installshield 5.

Does anyone know what would cause this error? I've scroured the help file, all the contact links are dead, and the error doesn't even parse in google. Anyone else have issues in this area?

thanks
Chris
Old 03-03-2005, 02:41
mysters

hello

search for "isdcc.exe" which comes w/ source code as well....

I believe your error (using wisdec) is due to an unsupported instruction that was encountered, this has nothing to do w/ the operating system. After you decompile into .txt file, you can patch manually using a hex editor.

m.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:46
Friend

Rept. Given: 0
Rept. Rcvd 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Rcvd at 1 Time in 1 Post
kittmaster Reputation: 0
thank you for the reply. I have version two, but my problem here is not about patching the ins file, but to actually reverse the correct serial. The othe problem is the "tier" of the program is determined directly by the key that is input. Right now I only have the paid for edu key and looking for the top tier key.

I just can't see anything that can front end the script so that I don't have to deal with installshield.

Is anyone interested in this target? If so please feel free to contact me and I'll send you the link to the ISO. I would prefer only people that have actually reversed serials from installshield directly or who could help me reverse it.

I have a member who is helping me out but we are still stuck on it hopefully with some resolve soon!!!

Thanks guys

Chris