Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Old 01-10-2006, 07:20
xtx

IDA endian problems in disassembly window

I just installed IDA 4.8 and tried to load an old database from an older version and it didn't work (no big deal I know why), so I simply opened the binary again slected H8/300a and the code loaded. I didn't expect auto analysis to work because the entry point is not known yet. However, when I convert 4 bytes to a double word, it converted wrong. For example say the bytes were 00, 00, 34, 12. In the past when made a double, it would have been 00001234 but with IDA 4.8 is converts to 12340000. Very odd and totally wrong for the vector table.

Any help would be appreciated as I have used IDA for many years and this is the first time I have had problems but I don't want to go back to an older version. I did search here and google but didn't see anyone else with this problem.

xtx

I edited out the question on neither the disassembly window or the hex view showing the segment names or addresses to identify the current line of code. That was caused by a real bonehead error in the general preferences being reset when teh database was loaded and I missed it. I checked the following boxes and everything was right again:

Include segment address
Use segment names
Line prefixes

Last edited by xtx; 01-15-2006 at 12:46.