Old 12-09-2018, 02:31
Banned User

Rept. Given: 0
Rept. Rcvd 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Rcvd at 24 Times in 10 Posts
Hoffman Reputation: 0
Biometric SDKs Reversing for Personal Study

I do not yet have access to the "request" section of the forum. So I am posting here.
I came across these SDKs recently and they look really good. But I could not find a single cracked version for these anywhere online from 2009!

I have seen several requests on other forums too but not a single working crack for the recent versions.

I am specifically interested in the Face Verification 10.0 SDK, VeriFinger 10.0 SDK and MegaMatcher 10.0 SDKs.
If anyone could provide me a working solution for any of the SDKs I would be very grateful.

Of course, I am only going to use them for my personal projects.

Download Link:
Code:
https://www.neurotechnology.com/download.html
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hoffman For This Useful Post:
Indigo (07-19-2019), Jan b (09-29-2023), Megin (12-13-2018), Ragnarok (12-09-2018), TechLord (12-10-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 06:06
Family

Rept. Given: 547
Rept. Rcvd 120 Times in 67 Posts
Thanks Given: 695
Thanks Rcvd at 566 Times in 337 Posts
user1 Reputation: 41
need constant internet connection... maybe not include algo in app, but in server where you login with user / pass??? best protection, not give anything is best policy.
need investigate protection if really a crack can be made or all is online and app just an interface between you and server.
The Following User Says Thank You to user1 For This Useful Post:
Indigo (07-19-2019)
Old 12-09-2018, 11:20
Banned User

Rept. Rcvd 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanks Given: 72
Thanks Rcvd at 70 Times in 29 Posts
Ragnarok Reputation: 4
Logic resides client side. Solution possible

It is definitely possible.

In board4all warez forum, one of the admins (VietCode) PM me to ask if I can crack it. The version 10 requires a lot of patches in many modules to be made.

I actually released a partial patch but the admins kept deleting the thread.
When I objected they got offended and banned me just like that. Later i found that they usually keep it for themselves and sell it.

Anyway, I am saying that the program logic resides client side and the internet connection is only for a check. Can be bypassed very easily.

I hope someone can make a complete solution. Will be useful for all.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ragnarok For This Useful Post:
Indigo (07-19-2019), Megin (12-13-2018), niculaita (12-10-2018), TechLord (12-10-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 20:27
Friend

Rept. Given: 1
Rept. Rcvd 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks Given: 49
Thanks Rcvd at 81 Times in 35 Posts
h4sh3m Reputation: 4
Hi

As conversation with company, connection required just for activation so it's not server side !

For cracking this sdk you need to patch all listed modules, it's annoying but possible !!!

BR,
h4sh3m
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to h4sh3m For This Useful Post:
Indigo (07-19-2019), niculaita (12-10-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 08:57
Banned User

There is a reason why this sofwtare was never able to be cracked for over 10 years. Many have made claims but no one managed to crack it. No proper working version is available anywhere on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4sh3m View Post
Hi
As conversation with company, connection required just for activation so it's not server side !
You are wrong on both the counts. For the links posted by the OP, internet connection is necessary all throughout the time that you run any software that you create based on the SDK. I do not know how the company can tell you that connection is required only for activation?
Of course, if you purchase a license then you do not need internet.
But for the versions posted by the OP, we do need internet all throughout the time that we use it.
The client has all the logic but some portions are encrypted.

User1 correctly noted that internet connection is needed all throughout the time that the software is used. I have just corrected his statement that algo does reside in client side itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4sh3m View Post
Hi
For cracking this sdk you need to patch all listed modules, it's annoying but possible !!!
No need. Only a few need to be patched. I think @TechLord posted a working version somewhere.

Why don't you try and then post a working example? Not as easy as it looks. Maybe you can just patch one module and post it as proof, to show that your theory is right? :P
The Following User Gave Reputation+1 to Ragnarok For This Useful Post:
TechLord (12-10-2018)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ragnarok For This Useful Post:
Hoffman (12-10-2018), Indigo (07-19-2019), Megin (12-13-2018), TechLord (12-10-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 12:18
Friend

Rept. Given: 1
Rept. Rcvd 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks Given: 49
Thanks Rcvd at 81 Times in 35 Posts
h4sh3m Reputation: 4
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
There is a reason why this sofwtare was never able to be cracked for over 10 years. Many have made claims but no one managed to crack it. No proper working version is available anywhere on the internet.
There is some reasons why working cracks doesn't present on the net )
As I remember version 4.x cracks sold for over $1000 without reporting any issues.

Quote:
based on the SDK. I do not know how the company can tell you that connection is required only for activation?
You think that I'm asked from company about cracked version ? Really ?!
I didn't have access to used mail server to show you replied answers, Sorry about this

Proving is for professionals like you, I'm a noob
Have a nice day
The Following User Says Thank You to h4sh3m For This Useful Post:
Indigo (07-19-2019)
Old 12-09-2018, 21:59
Family

then only persons that accepts such job is missing....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to user1 For This Useful Post:
Hoffman (12-10-2018), Indigo (07-19-2019), Megin (12-13-2018), niculaita (12-10-2018), Ragnarok (12-10-2018), TechLord (12-10-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 11:08
Banned User

Rept. Given: 384
Rept. Rcvd 247 Times in 112 Posts
Thanks Given: 789
Thanks Rcvd at 2,021 Times in 570 Posts
TechLord Reputation: 200-299 TechLord Reputation: 200-299 TechLord Reputation: 200-299
A Working PoC Video of the License Crack:

Yes, I'd also been requested by the admin VietCode at that warez forum by PM right after I'd joined. They wanted to sell the crack and that was why I did not release it publicly there..

"A picture is worth a thousand words and a video is worth a thousand pictures"

I am posting a very, very quick video proof showing the comparision of how the SDK behaves when a sample app is run with and without the [license] crack.
In BOTH the cases, the app itself is not cracked or changed. Only the underlying SDK used for the sample program has been patched.
At this time I have only patched the part of the SDK dealing with fingerprint identification and analysis. I have not yet patched the other parts of the SDK that deal with face ID, IRIS Identification and other Biometrics.

Note that only ONE module needed to be patched...

Video with License Crack:
Quote:
https://www44.zippyshare.com/v/GrWPTNxa/file.html

Video without License Crack:
Quote:
https://www9.zippyshare.com/v/iuj3SDVo/file.html
This is my original crack (and needs to be modified a little though, to make it run reliably on all systems). But most definitely this is a working PoC that shows that it can be cracked without issues.
Internet has been disconnected for both the videos...

For software made with DEMO (TRIAL) SDK to run, internet connection has to be continuously present. Using our crack, that requirement is removed.

Last edited by TechLord; 12-10-2018 at 11:14.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TechLord For This Useful Post:
Hoffman (12-10-2018), Indigo (07-19-2019), Megin (12-13-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 17:55
Banned User

Rept. Rcvd 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Rcvd at 24 Times in 10 Posts
Hoffman Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechLord View Post
A Working PoC Video of the License Crack:

Yes, I'd also been requested by the admin VietCode at that warez forum by PM right after I'd joined. They wanted to sell the crack and that was why I did not release it publicly there..

"A picture is worth a thousand words and a video is worth a thousand pictures"

I am posting a very, very quick video proof showing the comparision of how the SDK behaves when a sample app is run with and without the [license] crack.
In BOTH the cases, the app itself is not cracked or changed. Only the underlying SDK used for the sample program has been patched.
At this time I have only patched the part of the SDK dealing with fingerprint identification and analysis. I have not yet patched the other parts of the SDK that deal with face ID, IRIS Identification and other Biometrics.

Note that only ONE module needed to be patched...

Video with License Crack:

Video without License Crack:

This is my original crack (and needs to be modified a little though, to make it run reliably on all systems). But most definitely this is a working PoC that shows that it can be cracked without issues.
Internet has been disconnected for both the videos...

For software made with DEMO (TRIAL) SDK to run, internet connection has to be continuously present. Using our crack, that requirement is removed.
Thank you @TechLord for your time.
Finally I see someone posting some real proof.

@h4sh3m:
Quote:
As I remember version 4.x cracks sold for over $1000 without reporting any issues.
True. Versions upto 5.xx were very easy to crack. I was able to crack them myself without too much effort and I still have them with me.

The version that I requested is 10.x
No one had been able to crack the versions after version 6, even when I was willing to pay for them. I would have bought it if it wasn't so expensive. I just want to use it for my hobby project.

@TechLord: Would you be sharing your solution?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hoffman For This Useful Post:
Indigo (07-19-2019), Megin (12-13-2018), Ragnarok (12-13-2018), TechLord (12-11-2018)
Old 12-11-2018, 16:25
Banned User

Rept. Given: 384
Rept. Rcvd 247 Times in 112 Posts
Thanks Given: 789
Thanks Rcvd at 2,021 Times in 570 Posts
TechLord Reputation: 200-299 TechLord Reputation: 200-299 TechLord Reputation: 200-299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
@TechLord: Would you be sharing your solution?
I do not think that it is a good idea to post it as an open share for everybody. So, I will be sharing it with only members here who have made significant contributions to the forum. I will of course share it with you.
Anything posted openly just aids the developers to use as a free tester's feedback to further strengthen their protection methods.

Right now we are very busy with the (Codemeter) dongle project which we started off on the 15th of October. I will be posting some updates about our findings very soon.
After that I will release the Biometrics SDK. If anyone wants a copy of the SDK just make a small post in this thread saying so.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TechLord For This Useful Post:
Indigo (07-19-2019), Megin (12-13-2018), NoneForce (12-12-2018), Ragnarok (12-13-2018), wilson bibe (12-12-2018)
Old 12-11-2018, 23:51
VIP

Rept. Given: 111
Rept. Rcvd 14 Times in 13 Posts
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Rcvd at 238 Times in 152 Posts
bolo2002 Reputation: 14
Quote:
Anything posted openly just aids the developers to use as a free tester's feedback to further strengthen their protection methods.
Sadly since long times on many forums.
When i were younger,forums were there to learn for educational purposes only,no need to name them and now too many infiltrated,none anymore fun spirit but it's the world now
greets.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:09
Banned User

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Rcvd at 97 Times in 39 Posts
Megin Reputation: 4
Quote:
Yeah, I though I saw your post with the videos there a week ago but after a few hours it was gone. I thought you had removed it.

If you are a known reverser, you will get a bunch of crack requests in your PM box within a day of joining that forum. All for very expensive software. I cracked so many for the staff there for a year. Declined to crack just one software and they banned me (my account shows "restricted"). Poof, all my 18,000+ "likes" (needed to download anything there) all gone in an instant. They only keep you if they find you are useful to them. One of the most ruthless warez forums I ever came across.

Am sure glad that the staff at Exetools are ever so kind.

Anyway, could anyone post info regarding the mechanisms used for the protection of this SDK? Just like @h4sh3m , I also cannot figure out a way to crack it without patching all the modules. @TechLord says that patch was made in a single module. How ???

It will be good for learning if some guidance could be provided by anyone.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Megin For This Useful Post:
Indigo (07-19-2019), niculaita (12-13-2018), Ragnarok (12-13-2018), TechLord (12-13-2018)
Old 12-13-2018, 20:14
VIP

Rept. Given: 35
Rept. Rcvd 48 Times in 30 Posts
Thanks Given: 666
Thanks Rcvd at 1,050 Times in 475 Posts
chants Reputation: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megin View Post
I cracked so many for the staff there for a year. Declined to crack just one software and they banned me (my account shows "restricted"). Poof, all my 18,000+ "likes" (needed to download anything there) all gone in an instant. They only keep you if they find you are useful to them. One of the most ruthless warez forums I ever came across.

Yes poof, how very ruthless - there they do not hesitate to get rid of known rule violators. Their last 3 rules has seen a lot of miserable so-called reversers bite the restricted dust.

Of course fortunately this is not a behind the scenes crack selling forum so such odd pressures do not apply. Not sure that any meaningful comparisons can be drawn.

As for that video, which version of the SDK was cracked, I also am only interested in version 10.
The Following User Says Thank You to chants For This Useful Post:
Indigo (07-19-2019)
Old 12-13-2018, 23:12
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megin View Post
Yeah, I though I saw your post with the videos there a week ago but after a few hours it was gone. I thought you had removed it.

If you are a known reverser, you will get a bunch of crack requests in your PM box within a day of joining that forum. All for very expensive software. I cracked so many for the staff there for a year. Declined to crack just one software and they banned me (my account shows "restricted"). Poof, all my 18,000+ "likes" (needed to download anything there) all gone in an instant. They only keep you if they find you are useful to them. One of the most ruthless warez forums I ever came across.

Anyway, could anyone post info regarding the mechanisms used for the protection of this SDK? Just like @h4sh3m , I also cannot figure out a way to crack it without patching all the modules. @TechLord says that patch was made in a single module. How ???

It will be good for learning if some guidance could be provided by anyone.
Sorry to hear about your experience @Megin
@TechLord I am with Megin on this one. Could you post some clues so that we could crack it on our own? If we patch all the modules, I find that the included samples run, but the SDK itself does not work as fully licensed if used to create own apps. So I agree that patching all the modules is not the solution. I hope you can give more details so that I can proceed on the right path. I am not looking for a ready made solution.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnarok For This Useful Post:
Indigo (07-19-2019)
Old 12-10-2018, 16:29
Family

you have 2 options:
you learn crack by self
or you pay a RE business do it for you.
no one takes such a hard job waste time and resources and send you free,.
I think you understand me. i m not interested in any deals with any of you, I just told how in general situation is !
The Following User Says Thank You to user1 For This Useful Post:
Indigo (07-19-2019)
Closed Thread