Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Old 09-22-2003, 19:43
tr_

php decompiler ?

Hi,

Does anybody know if there's such a thing ?
TIA for any info.
Old 09-22-2003, 22:03
Lunar_Dust

Why would you need this? Do you have an example page which is in some way "protected" ? Most "encryption" schemes just convert the text to hex code (like A becomes %41), you could write a simple parser to scan thru and convert back..

Another option would be to base64 encode, but this might actually be similar to the above. In any manner, the server's php probably isn't encrypted, since the server has to parse it. I would think more like the results are being 'encrypted' before being sent to your browser.

-Lunar

Last edited by Lunar_Dust; 09-22-2003 at 22:07.
Old 09-22-2003, 22:04
Drunken Squirrel

Rept. Given: 4
Rept. Rcvd 9 Times in 4 Posts
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Rcvd at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Squidge Reputation: 9
Well, the PHP I've used is always in text file format, and compiled on demand. So there's no decompiler for it (as the compiled version is only held in memory - never written to disk).
Old 09-22-2003, 22:13
Lunar_Dust

This does look interesting, think I'll have a look at it later:

Quote:
How secure is it?

We must stress that if you're going to release something to someone, it's never going to be completely 100% secure. We would say that it's like providing security for a home. If you have locks on the doors and a good alarm system your house stands more of a chance of NOT being broken into. However, all these measures to protect your home can be bypassed by skilled individuals - As with any piece of software.

PHPCODELOCK for PHP is a strong deterrent. Most end users will not be able to decipher your code and will have a difficult time working through the 24 levels of encryption used by the software. It will take more than the average programmer to decipher your scripts. The fact is, any PHP encryption program does needs to decrypt the file at some time, so the code will theoretically be available to experienced crackers during its execution. However, it would take considerable expertise, a lot of time and a rewrite of some of the core PHP decode engine (codelock.php) to get at it. Note:The Decryptor file (codelock.php) is also Encrypted. As well as all this, it would be a violation of our reverse engineering policy. <-- lol ya right

As with any program though, reverse engineering is still possible, but in encrypting your pages with our software you have taken the right security precautions to complement your existing license agreement. In other words, if someone does 'get to your code', then they have gone through a lot of time and effort to "steal" your code deliberately and offend your copyright. We would venture to say that 90% - 95% of end-users would not bother trying to decrypt a file that has been encrypted with our software. <-- haha, unless a cracker writes a program to automatically do it

-Lunar
Old 09-22-2003, 22:54
tr_

Quote:
Originally posted by Lunar_Dust
Why would you need this? Do you have an example page which is in some way "protected" ? Most "encryption" schemes just convert the text to hex code (like A becomes %41), you could write a simple parser to scan thru and convert back..
Um, sorry I think I wasn't too specific. Try this: hxxp://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-encoder.php , you'll see what I mean.

[Edit by JMI: NO CLICKABLE LINKS PLEASE]