Old 08-22-2016, 01:57
Friend

Rept. Given: 25
Rept. Rcvd 8 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Rcvd at 7 Times in 7 Posts
anon_c Reputation: 8
Mac OSX file integrity check

I have to modify an application for it to work properly : )

It has a Windows and a Mac version. The Windows version has a simple file integrity check that can easily be bypassed. I expected the Mac version not to have this file integrity check, but here is what happens when the main application is tampered with on OSX:

-When I launch it from the application package (as a normal application is launched on OSX), the icon appears on the task bar but does not load and I have to force it to quit.

-When I launch the main application from inside the package (in the Contents/MacOS/ folder) it runs just fine.

I believe a file integrity check prevents the package to run the application because it somehow detects that it has been modified. This integrity check is not programmed inside the main application since it runs by itself. I don't have a deep knowledge on how a package launch an application on OSX... Somebody have an idea on how this kind of integrity check could be bypassed?

Thanks,

AC