Old 04-12-2002, 11:28
Friend

Rept. Given: 0
Rept. Rcvd 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Rcvd at 1 Time in 1 Post
FEARHQ Reputation: 0
Need help with cryptology

I have logged the full communication between me and a server to figgure out how the server works (if you must know, it's gamespy). Eerything was fine untill a point where the server communicates with a IRC server (6667 and I can connect by any IRC client) and instead of the NICK command, I get a CRYPT des 1 gslive including 2 non-ascii characters (0D and 0A to end) sent in the packet! Now, I have tried to do some reasearch on CRYPT and des and am guessing that this is a des encryption algorithim. I get an awnser :s 705 (note: I never heard of a 705 IRC reply - must be part of the client side managing of the key) * key_is_here_and_changes (eg hS_f]\GF@C\yu|dm _Acr{aJfpF\bF`CX ending with 0A character). Now I am stumped because I have no experience with cryptology or des. The rest of the communications are completely encrypted and don't contain anything else but "garbage" Can anyone give any advice/direction/help/comment/anything that will lead me in right direction? aslo wierd that what I assume is the "key" sent to client is 66 bit not 54 like DES sais it is. If you want to see the full communication logged, with HEXDUMP and ASCIIDUMP, please reply and I'll supply