Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Old 04-16-2004, 18:27
dreamershl

Lightbulb Softice: hwnd -> invalid window handle

hello, every one:

I find a very strange thing. the "hwnd" command always told me the parameter handle is the invalid window handle . and if the "idle" thread is the active thread, when I popup the softice, the "hwnd" command will told you it can't find the desktop. ok this can be fixed by the "addr" command. active another proccess by it. then you can list the windows list. but I can't resolve the first trouble , anyone know the way for it. please tell me...... SOS........

[OS] is the win2000
Old 04-17-2004, 00:57
ByteZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamershl
hello, every one:

I find a very strange thing. the "hwnd" command always told me the parameter handle is the invalid window handle . and if the "idle" thread is the active thread, when I popup the softice, the "hwnd" command will told you it can't find the desktop. ok this can be fixed by the "addr" command. active another proccess by it. then you can list the windows list. but I can't resolve the first trouble , anyone know the way for it. please tell me...... SOS........

[OS] is the win2000
I think you have to type in "hwnd process id" or "hwnd -xc process id", now you can see the handles of the the program you wanne debug.

I hope this is the solution for your problem.

Last edited by ByteZero; 04-19-2004 at 14:05.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:58
dreamershl

Thank you very much

hi, Thank you very much. yes, you are right. it work. but after you get the process window handle list, the "hwnd windowhandle" command still can't work. it is so strange. anyway, now I can get what I want now. thank you very much.