Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Old 08-13-2005, 11:20
sinchee

Is there a way to convert.

Hi I was thinking is there a way to convert PDF files to CD so I could play in home dvd player. Can anyone shade some light about this. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2005, 15:34
optimus_prime

hm, you'll probably want some kind of pdf to jpg converter, that is if your dvd supports playing jpg...
Old 08-13-2005, 16:14
pwr_usr

converter

Hi,

You have to convert .pdf files to appropriate graphics file format for your DVD player, for example .jpg ( see documentation). You will need a converter ( for example: ABC Amber PDF2Image Converter V1.10 or other one).

Best regards,
pwr_usr
Old 08-13-2005, 16:36
TheMadGuy

Hi!

you could use ghostscript (which is free btw, hxxp://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/) to convert your pdf's to images (any other converter pdf => image will do fine aswell), and if your dvd doesnt support images or you want a cd/dvd that will defenatly play on all dvds, use any slideshow software converter like Photo2DVD, memories on tv (a good list is here: hxxp://www.videohelp.com/tools?s=28#28) to get a (s)vcd / dvd from them, thats the most compatibly solution

Hope this helps

Greetnx

The Mad Guy
Old 08-13-2005, 17:57
sinchee

Is there a way to convert

I am indeed gratefull for all who have respond so quickly. I will be trying out later all the applications mentioned to see which is the best suited for me. Thanks and CHEERS to all.
Old 08-13-2005, 21:20
VIP

Rept. Given: 27
Rept. Rcvd 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Rcvd at 10 Times in 9 Posts
aldente Reputation: 7
Reading PDF on your TV won't be fun due to PAL's poor resolution (or if you live in the US: due to NTSC's even poorer resolution).
Old 09-12-2005, 07:40
Reseacher

Rept. Given: 0
Rept. Rcvd 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Rcvd at 7 Times in 7 Posts
learner38 Reputation: 2
try to make a easy way..depend in which hardware u have..
open ur pdf and make screen size at 150% or more..to be a clear text.. and take the output from computer to direct dvd writer..i will be like a slide from urscreen ..and move ur page by u hand..
Old 09-12-2005, 10:10
shyokou

easy or not ...

it seems to be a home dvd player, not a computer - so a easy way on computer might be a tough way on home dvd player

most dvd players can play jpeg series, like what the legacy vcd players can play kodark cds, since it is a default feature

this makes it a safe choice to do "pdf to jpg" by any tool you can fetch, depending upon your aim. if you want to be skillful, try the leadtools imaging pro; if you want to be quick, try other handy tools (too many to list for limited memory) ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by minawahib1
try to make a easy way..depend in which hardware u have..
open ur pdf and make screen size at 150% or more..to be a clear text.. and take the output from computer to direct dvd writer..i will be like a slide from urscreen ..and move ur page by u hand..
Old 09-12-2005, 16:51
Friend

Rept. Given: 0
Rept. Rcvd 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Rcvd at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Unforgiv3N Reputation: 0
Easy way:

Save Page as JPG and Make Movie with Windows Movie Maker and Burn the DVD
Old 10-04-2005, 13:17
sinchee

Thanks for all who have respond I will try out one by one to see which is the best for my used. Thank again.