Notices

Old 10-02-2003, 06:12
Drunken Squirrel

Rept. Given: 4
Rept. Rcvd 9 Times in 4 Posts
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Rcvd at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Squidge Reputation: 9
I must admit, the first time you try, it takes hours, sometimes days before you realise what it happening and how to defeat it. However, once you understand how it works, future attempts take minutes.

Obviously once you have worked out how it works, keeping the information to yourself will be beneficial - it'll most likely work with future versions will little or no modification, whereas as soon as you publish your method, there will be a new version of Arma released which defeats that method, and you'll have loads of people PMing you asking you for a new tute (which can get very annoying after a while - pity we can't place filters on incoming PMs)

You have been warned
Old 10-02-2003, 09:27
VIP

Rept. Given: 31
Rept. Rcvd 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Rcvd at 13 Times in 5 Posts
Jay Reputation: 3
Quote:
Obviously once you have worked out how it works, keeping the information to yourself will be beneficial - it'll most likely work with future versions will little or no modification, whereas as soon as you publish your method, there will be a new version of Arma released which defeats that method
Have to say I find "keeping the information to yourself " a shitty attitude, and I thought the challenge was in defeating the latest version not being able to unpack it with "little or no modification"
sounds like you just enjoy the free software.
LaBBa, lots of people have benefited from your previous tutorial, hope you continue to share the knowledge.
regards
Old 10-02-2003, 22:22
Friend

Rept. Given: 45
Rept. Rcvd 11 Times in 8 Posts
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Rcvd at 6 Times in 6 Posts
bunion Reputation: 11
Keeping information to yourself is hard if like me you like to help others...I cracked SWISHSITES a while back..the first ..but rather than release the crack i released a pack with all the unpacked Swishsites..my reasoning was if i keep crack to myself then ill always be able to unpack any new Swishsites that get released which is in fact what happened when they released a 7th Swishsite..but all the time i fewlt a wee bit guilty and selfish..so i ended up releasing my crack and i admit i felt much better because rather than peeps having to download my pack which was 13 mb's

paul333

Last edited by bunion; 10-03-2003 at 01:03.