Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Old 08-27-2003, 08:08
zeurx

Question softice :x

ok i installed softice and configured it on my xp sp1 computer and now all it does is crash at the screen right befor the logon box.
someone please help... it didnt do this like a year ago when i had softice on my xp computer :S:S:S:S:S
Old 08-27-2003, 08:12
Satyric0n

In your SoftICE settings, what is the SoftICE Startup option (manual, automatic, system, boot, etc.) set to?

From the SoftICE readme:
Quote:
Some users are reporting that when running SoftICE on Windows XP, if SoftICE is set to start in System or Automatic mode, SoftICE will not start. This is most likely due to XPs deferred driver loading for quicker boots. The problem is being investigated. The current workaround is to set SoftICE to start either in Boot Mode or Manual Mode.
In my experience, "SoftICE will not start" actually means the computer blue screens then reboots. So if your startup is set to Automatic or System, this is the problem.

Also, make sure in your SoftICE->Video settings, you have it set to use Universal Video Driver.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:49
zeurx

ok thanks works now... i turned off my bios av protenction( needed to boot cds ) and did the stuff you said now works