Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Old 12-30-2005, 03:30
ntwizard

I would use a program to extract or rip the video data off the disk, and remaster to a DVD (and also removing the copy protection as well). One program I use is DVD copy Gold. This program allows extraction and then remastering to a blank DVD. However, I am not sure if it is still available. I will look in my archive DVDs for it..
Old 12-30-2005, 17:05
Friend

Rept. Given: 0
Rept. Rcvd 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Rcvd at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Unforgiv3N Reputation: 0
You can also use UltraISO or CDSecure2 Hidden Mode and it not viewable on your Session and New DVD Player can playit ( i'm using Samsung P-4848K but i'm sure it's not working in ordinary DVD Players! ) and for the PC only Auto-play-menu-Studio can find it in Hidden Mode! but ISOBuster Final Edition can Extract it maybe you can save it from ISOBuster with some changes in Image File
Old 12-31-2005, 00:06
The Art Of Silence

Rept. Given: 65
Rept. Rcvd 54 Times in 19 Posts
Thanks Given: 69
Thanks Rcvd at 133 Times in 36 Posts
taos Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiv3N
You can also use UltraISO or CDSecure2 Hidden Mode and it not viewable on your Session and New DVD Player can playit ( i'm using Samsung P-4848K but i'm sure it's not working in ordinary DVD Players! ) and for the PC only Auto-play-menu-Studio can find it in Hidden Mode! but ISOBuster Final Edition can Extract it maybe you can save it from ISOBuster with some changes in Image File
Uhmmm! I don´t know CDSECURE2, now I'm playing with it , I'm thinking about to use a hide program that kills ISOBUSTER and other copy DVD rip programs but obviously this MUST BE with autorun enabled, I only wants to protect from low level users, not experimented, so I can put my little program with cdsecure2, hide from taskbar and hide from explorer with hooking API and then install it in run registry to startup with XP, then in the "shadows" can check if my DVD video is in the player/writter and then simulate a "DVD reading error" with a endless loop.

Only 2 things are necessary:
1.- When I try to put it in registry or win ini or startup folder, antivirus soft (like bitdefender or M$ antispyware) detect it and show a user allow/deny box. For a user can be mysterious this msg after insert a DVD.

2.-The endless reading error loop to make necessary reboot.

All this job is because I think there's not possibility to modify DVD ISO (due DVD format restrictions), you can easily change file lenght inside CD ISO and then you can not copy this file to HD, but in a DVD this not run.

I think protect a DVD video is a interesting task but very hard, protect other formats that not need play in a home DVD player is more easy (using a custom player that decrypts, using a password RAR, etc...) but DVD video is very difficult.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:15
Friend

Rept. Given: 0
Rept. Rcvd 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Rcvd at 1 Time in 1 Post
Maximus Reputation: 0
mmh... only a suggestion. If you are going to have DVDs sold with it, hire a good lawyer and be sure to have no real estates at your name.
Your protection is illegal and the DVD reseller will be sued before or later, then they will sue you for damage.
You cannot:
1) install/run software on a computer without having the user to accept an EULA.
2) install a TSR equivalent without telling it to user.
3) make a reboot necessary (it might be an hospital computer, linked to heart-pumping stuff, you know -and for Murphy's Law, it will happen...)

For more references, goto Marc.Russianowich site and see the Sony's work (your one would not be really different in its principle, xcept coded better )

Of course, if you need not to worry of legal side, there's no problem in it -it depends on what you wish to do with such protection.

Last edited by Maximus; 12-31-2005 at 06:31.
Old 12-31-2005, 20:04
The Art Of Silence

Rept. Given: 65
Rept. Rcvd 54 Times in 19 Posts
Thanks Given: 69
Thanks Rcvd at 133 Times in 36 Posts
taos Reputation: 54
Then, a lot of protection tools are ilegal too (hidden sys, crash system options, monitor your apps,etc...)... :-)
I know that, but this can be an offtopic, and is very far from how coding the protection.
Home made video DVDR copy prot. is only (in my case) for hobby. do you register OCX/VCL for hobby proggs.?
Cactus datashield sold toc alteration (price???) because CD has a "open" ISO file format, understanding open like lets you play with it. I'm interested about DVD ISO file format because is more "closed" and like CCDLOCK idea you can make the same prog.(CDS) but free.
So 2 ways to protect video DVDR:
a)Alter TOC like in CDR/Multisession tricks (I think it's impossible) any idea?...
b)Autorun hidden prog. (not very accepted but works)
BR and happy new year