Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Old 01-29-2004, 11:14
Pompeyfan

Abel loader generator

This program looks much more usefull than Princesssandy to me, a bit more involved though for a newcomer like me, just a couple of questions:

I'm doing a loader for a program which I cant patch the executable because of the crc checks, with Princesssandy it just creates a loader which I think alters the code soon as it is loaded into memory, which worked with my target, however when I tried expanding my loader a bit, I think it was to much for Princesssandy, what is the equivalent with Abel, I assume I should use the option "while target process is still suspended after loading", which isn't the default?

Is their a way to resize the main window of the Able generator, it is a bit to big for my screen, I cant see an option for this?

I'm not quite sure what the Range field is for where you input your data for the loader, if I am just entering data starting at a certain known offset, I presume I leave this blank?
Old 01-29-2004, 22:43
Satyric0n

Re: Abel loader generator

If you actually wish to learn something, you should really write your own loader from scratch.

Programs like Princesssandy and Abel are fine (maybe) once you already understand what is going on underneath the hood and don't wish to waste a lot of time coding, but if you don't yet understand how a loader works, it would be to your benefit to learn the APIs and techniques necessary to write a loader yourself.

Just my thoughts.

Regards,
Satyric0n
Old 01-30-2004, 03:59
Pompeyfan

I think writing something from scratch is beyond me, and all I really need to do is change some of the code in a program, and I know the location of what I want to change.
I completed the loader last night, but on trying it today, I get the message "target not found", how could this be, I have the right path for the target, I double checked it.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:12
Satyric0n

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompeyfan
I think writing something from scratch is beyond me
This is exactly the point. This is why I said, if you actually wish to learn something, you should really write your own loader from scratch.

If it weren't currently beyond you, you wouldn't stand to learn anything, no?
Old 01-30-2004, 11:52
Pompeyfan

I'll consider it, at the moment I wouldn't know where to start, perhaps if you gave some links to study up a bit it would be more helpfull.
In the interim, couldn't someone answer my questions, they are probably pretty basic to the more experienced crackers here.
I've heard that the current version of the Able generator is a bit buggy from another forum, I might see if I can still get an older version.
Old 01-30-2004, 19:11
Pompeyfan

Figured out the reason for "target not found", I was putting the path to the file, all Able wants is the .exe name.