Old 10-02-2005, 01:50
Friend

Rept. Given: 7
Rept. Rcvd 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Rcvd at 2 Times in 2 Posts
JCB Reputation: 0
Has anyone seen this protector used yet? Nalpeiron Protector

They have the typical claims of never being cracked etc... I did the typical google search and it didn't return anything but marketing hype. I would be interested in finding an application that it using their protection to evaluate their effectiveness for an application that I have been working on in .NET BTW, This company was brought to my attention in the thread of "using USB Flash memory as a dongle" which they appear to have a product for as well.

Interestingly they claim their SDK works with .NET and anyone to claim that you can't crack an app written in .NET is very skeptical since they use what appears to be DLL calls based on the text below.

PRO-Tector™ is a full 32 bit Software Developer¡¯s Kit designed for the Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/server 2003 platforms. It is written is Visual C++ 6. The core of the copy protection is a non-MFC C DLL, named filechck.DLL.

At the bottom of their 90 day money back guarantee page they have this quote.

"This policy DOES NOT APPLY to known people who like to download applications to attempt to de-compile them!"

Who are these "known people"? Most likely anyone who tries to get a refund after they find out it is weak protection.

Their link is here: http://www.nalpeiron.com/