Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Old 04-13-2006, 20:18
Peter[Pan]

miracl output

I was working on some stuff from the miracl library (first time i used it) i have a little problem with outputting the bignums, heres my problem.

From reading the manual i see there is cotnum and cotstr:

Cotnum goes to FILE * and cotstr can go to CHAR *

so naturally i used cotstr, the problem is every so often when the bignum starts with a leading 0 it doesnt output it.

Example: 0F33 -> "F33"

I fixed this by manually looping through all the bignums and throwing them through a %.2X sprintf but this is kinda lame, there is a way to maybe force miracl to present that leading zero ?

Thanks.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:59
cnbragon/iPB

it seems there is nothing special method to implement what u want.
first,u can use "big_to_bytes" procedure to output the hex value to a buffer , then use "wsprintf" to convert to ASCII Character.
Second, u can modify the miracl lib by your self. find the "cotstr" procedure in mrio2.c,
trace to miro1.c , u will find itl call "otstr" procedure. so u can modify the source codes
from here

forever
{
nd=numdig(_MIPP_ mr_mip->w6);
}

and re-make ms32.lib by yourself. but this will change another proc of miracl,so be carefully.
Old 04-14-2006, 22:21
Peter[Pan]

Thanks i think i wont bother modifying the library, i found that it only ever happens to the first char, so seen as i know how many chars are getting returned, if it doesnt have that amount i strcat a "0" before i attach the rest of the string.

Thanks again