Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Old 01-31-2005, 14:49
just4urim

Question Antivirus API

As has been described in MSDN , The Antivirus API enables software vendors to develop applications that scan Microsoft® Office 2000 documents before opening them.
So this API enables the independent software vendors (ISVs) to design and implement scanning software that can be used by all applications.
One of the scanning software interfaces should be "IOfficeAntiVirus" with a method named "Scan" .

How can i implement the "IOfficeAntiVirus" interface in my object ? or maybe the interface of my object should be inherited from this interface ?
Any source code or URL will be appreciated...
Old 01-31-2005, 23:45
AgentSmith

Hello,

I dunno if this will be any of help (you did not specify which tools you want to use...)

Anyway as described in MSDN:

h tt p://msdn DOT microsoft DOT com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/security/antivirus/overview/overview.asp

the msova.h is what you need.

Scan method is described here:

h tt p://msdn DOT microsoft DOT com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/security/antivirus/reference/ifaces/iofficeantivirus/iofficeantivirus.asp

I tried something similar but with Borland (Delphi) tool. here is what I've found here:

this link will not work - session expired error - go to www tamaracka com and search for IOfficeAntiVirus in Borland newsgroup...check for thread Anti Virus API, problem using IOfficeAntiVirus]

http : // 216.101.185.148/scripts/isapi.dll/article?id=2632B4A2&article=3959454

hope it helps...

asmith

Last edited by AgentSmith; 02-01-2005 at 05:10.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:13
willii

You just need to write a COM DLL and implement the IOfficeAntiVirus interface. Then you can use regsvr32 to register your DLL and now, when Office doc openning. It will call your scan method.
Old 02-05-2005, 13:35
just4urim

a "C" source ?

I had read the MSDN (about AntiVirus API) , but it seems a little mixed up !
The URL was interesting but i'm looking for a 'C' source code and i want to write
a DLL (that has IOfficeAntiVirus interface type) which can be loaded by IE or Microsoft
Offrice engine.
How can I implement this DLL ? Should the DLL have an interface named IOfficeAntiVirus
explicity ? Or it can has an interface inherited from IOfficeAntiVirus ?

Thanx

Last edited by JMI; 02-05-2005 at 14:36.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:49
just4urim

My problem is how i have to implement the IOfficeAntiVirus interface in C , it seems the msova.idl is needed ?