Notices

Old 09-20-2018, 18:30
Friend

Rept. Given: 0
Rept. Rcvd 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Rcvd at 4 Times in 3 Posts
freddyk Reputation: 0
Hi all - great to be with fellow coders and crackers. Love the challenge ! Interests are RE and win32asm.

FK
Old 09-22-2018, 01:02

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Rcvd at 1 Time in 1 Post
darknessxk Reputation: 0
Talking Introducing myself

Hello everyone, I am new here and I registered today and I am already hungry for knowledge because I know that the place will bring me the best content that I can find to improve my skills as a programmer and as a software engineer, I am very happy to be here and I know that I will have great challenges and a great way to go in search of knowledge and personal improvement.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:11
Family

Rept. Given: 947
Rept. Rcvd 89 Times in 61 Posts
Thanks Given: 4,282
Thanks Rcvd at 479 Times in 338 Posts
niculaita Reputation: 89
welcome and take it easy and focus bro!!!
Old 10-11-2018, 14:03
Friend

Rept. Rcvd 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks Given: 46
Thanks Rcvd at 24 Times in 14 Posts
wild Reputation: 1
Hi, I have registered some time ago, but I haven't introduced myself....
My experience with "modern" SW RE is not so good because I'm an old fart: I started hacking programs several years ago using the Periscope debugger (with the infamous NMI IRQ board/push button made using a scrap PC board) and the Sourcer disassembler. I'm talking about MS-DOS period, just to specify my age!
In those times I was writing some TSR which were able to emulate the protections made with holes in floppy disks*.
Some years later I was using the wonderful SofIce...
I was a member of the Italian forum UIC/Quequero.org but almost stopped to RE programs when the forum changed "direction".
Sometimes I enjoy to unprotect some applications (see some my posts on sonsivri) but except for some rare crack, I am almost inactive.
One of the reasons is because I'm an HW/FW developer on other platforms (ARM/PIC/...) and I have very few time to dedicate to the SW RE hobby.
The same is not for the HW RE: in my work I have to compare device made by other competitors, so I have a rather good experience in this area.

I will not be so active in this forum because as I wrote, my experience in RE modern targets is almost nihil and it will be very difficult I will be able to help other people: I prefer to stay silent instead of saying something stupid!

*) in my favor, I can say that in those old times internet was not available, so you had to make/study/debug/crack/RE all by yourself! Now targets are much more difficult to break, but at least it is easier to find documentation!
The Following User Says Thank You to wild For This Useful Post:
Abaddon (10-12-2018)
Old 12-04-2018, 15:06

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Rcvd at 1 Time in 1 Post
kronicd Reputation: 0
Hello everyone!

I've been working with reverse engineering for some time, I really miss softice and I'm looking forward to learning more!

Specifically I'm very interested in analysing super nintendo games or other platforms using the 5A22 cpu.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:02
Banned User

Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Rcvd at 24 Times in 10 Posts
Hoffman Reputation: 0
Dunno how I missed out seeing this section of the forum earlier. A great deal of confusion could have been prevented I guess, had I posted an intro of myself first before making a crack request in the forum.

I am an ardent Arduino enthusiast. I have also authored a number of publications on the Arduino. I'd come across the Biometric SDK a few days ago and was fascinated with the possibility of interfacing biometric readers with the Arduino through the use of the SDK. Modesty prevented me from posting all of this at the time that I'd made that crack request but I now realize that seeing the damage done, I should have made this point right at the start.

As you would have possibly surmised by now, I was no stranger to interfacing biometric software and hardware with Arduino, but what fascinated me was the possibility of using that SDK to combine the Android, the Arduino and the PC in an interesting project which I'd initially planned to post in this forum for the benefit of all.

As I was doing this purely as a hobby I did not see the point in purchasing the SDK without checking to see if it would suit my purposes. In another forum, I saw that TechLord had posted a working crack but that post seemed to have disappeared the following day when I again tried to access that warez forum on my PC. I was unable to download it the day prior as I'd been browsing on my smartphone.

Searches for the cracked SDK turned out to be fruitless. A google search for "Techlord" brought me to this forum, where I'd already registered a few months ago. I was indeed a little hesitant to make my first post on this forum a "crack" request but I thought that I could make a detailed post of the entire project once I got hold of the cracked SDK.

But I see that thanks to me, a brilliant reverser got crucified for no other fault of his other than that he solved the crack request of mine for free. I will be in eternal debt to TechLord for this and no words can express how sorry and ashamed I feel that an innocent person has been punished because of me.

It is surprising that all the trolls, dongle-crack solicitors go totally punished in this forum but someone who helps free of cost is penalized.

I was in two minds whether to post this or not. But then decided that better late than never. I did not mind myself being called a "duplicate" account and what not in that "reported" post. But when an innocent gets punished on my account, this is something that I get very upset about.

A very long intro post but a necessity considering that a great harm had been inflicted on an innocent person by ill-informed admins who believed my account to be a fake.

I would like to add that I emailed the administrators of this forum directly regarding this issue a few days ago but received no response till date. This is the first time in my life that I have seen admins of a so-called "reputable" forum behave in this manner.

Last edited by Hoffman; 12-19-2018 at 12:09.
Old 12-20-2018, 00:39
VIP

Rept. Given: 35
Rept. Rcvd 48 Times in 30 Posts
Thanks Given: 666
Thanks Rcvd at 1,050 Times in 475 Posts
chants Reputation: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronicd View Post
Hello everyone!

I've been working with reverse engineering for some time, I really miss softice and I'm looking forward to learning more!

Specifically I'm very interested in analysing super nintendo games or other platforms using the 5A22 cpu.
Greets @kronicd!

I also miss the good old softice live kernel debugging days.

Have you seen these neat projects for IDA Pro reversing of SNES targets?

IDA of course supports it even seen here:
Quote:
https://www.hex-rays.com/products/ida/support/idapython_docs/ida_idp-module.html
Quote:
PLFM_65C816 = 61
65802/65816
For v6.9 SDK is SNES ROM Cartridge File Loader for IDA (Interactive Disassembler) (this is the loader):
Quote:
https://github.com/gocha/ida-snes-ldr
Also for v6.9 SDK is SNES 65816 Processor Plugin for IDA (processor):
Quote:
https://github.com/gocha/ida-65816-module
Even a small tutorial to get you going:
Quote:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread-3114.html
Happy reversing and you are very welcome here!
Old 12-21-2018, 02:44
Friend

Rept. Given: 95
Rept. Rcvd 21 Times in 11 Posts
Thanks Given: 396
Thanks Rcvd at 146 Times in 64 Posts
p4r4d0x Reputation: 21
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post

Searches for the cracked SDK turned out to be fruitless. A google search for "Techlord" brought me to this forum, where I'd already registered a few months ago. I was indeed a little hesitant to make my first post on this forum a "crack" request but I thought that I could make a detailed post of the entire project once I got hold of the cracked SDK.

But I see that thanks to me, a brilliant reverser got crucified for no other fault of his other than that he solved the crack request of mine for free. I will be in eternal debt to TechLord for this and no words can express how sorry and ashamed I feel that an innocent person has been punished because of me.

It is surprising that all the trolls, dongle-crack solicitors go totally punished in this forum but someone who helps free of cost is penalized.
I just noticed that in every post of yours is impossible to not mention your friend u (your self) Im not here to criticize you or being the bad guy but
there is a different way : If you beggin to become MOD again by creating different accounts doing stuff like those ... You can speak with the admins there is no need to cry or beg for rank ...lol... (how old are you?)

Second thing just for fun and i challenge everyone to do that make a google search about your(sad-friend) you will not see any exetools.... in search ! anyway anyhow you find out so fast about trolls and dongle-crack . solicitors ...

Come one Please admins give back at the sad guy the rank back because we gone have a lot of these things... please!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to p4r4d0x For This Useful Post:
chants (12-21-2018)
Old 01-07-2019, 03:08
Friend

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Rcvd at 31 Times in 13 Posts
ymg2006 Reputation: 1
hello everybody

my name is Farid and i'm 27 years old
i am a .net developer and i do .net reversing and i'm mediocre native reverser .
i'm keen learner and eager to be a native reverser , happy to be here with the best wishes for your new year.
Old 01-11-2019, 14:41
Friend

Rept. Given: 2
Thanks Given: 330
Thanks Rcvd at 18 Times in 9 Posts
darkBLACK Reputation: 1
hi, re is my hobby and mechanical engineering is my profession. I like to solve all kind of problems.
Old 01-14-2019, 17:21

Thanks Given: 45
Thanks Rcvd at 3 Times in 1 Post
zionoobie Reputation: 0
Smile Hi Friends

Hi guys, i'm zionoobie and i'm new here.

I'm swimming pools tecnician with RE hobby and i'm glad to be accepted here.

See here some friends from other boards..... i hope i'll be able to improove my skill.

Regards.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zionoobie For This Useful Post:
Apuromafo (03-03-2019), ph03n1x (01-23-2019), tonyweb (01-14-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 13:55
Friend

Thanks Rcvd at 20 Times in 7 Posts
Grifisoft Reputation: 1
Hi guys, I am Grifisoft and am new here. I just finished my masters in CS and was hoping to gain some real life experience in computers. I have heard a lot about this forum. I hope I can have a good learning experience here.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grifisoft For This Useful Post:
ahmadmansoor (01-15-2019), niculaita (01-16-2019), p4r4d0x (01-16-2019), ph03n1x (01-23-2019)
Old 03-02-2019, 09:25
Friend

Rept. Given: 7
Rept. Rcvd 10 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks Rcvd at 2 Times in 2 Posts
delidolunet Reputation: 10
This is Deli.

I've been enjoying this forum for years, reading to catch up with new stuff. Appreciate it!
Old 06-27-2019, 20:49
Friend

Rept. Rcvd 8 Times in 4 Posts
Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Rcvd at 106 Times in 40 Posts
phroyt Reputation: 8
Hello there!

I just forgot to inject, mean, introduce myself after registration.

I just love tech stuff, from gadgets to supercomputers.

My first contact with reversing was in my early days with a IBM PC/AT 286.
The DOS debug.exe and ".com" executables was awesome!

I'm not tooooo old.
Just started early.
Old 06-27-2019, 21:44
Friend

Rept. Given: 1
Rept. Rcvd 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks Given: 49
Thanks Rcvd at 81 Times in 35 Posts
h4sh3m Reputation: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by phroyt View Post
Hello there!

I just forgot to inject, mean, introduce myself after registration.

I just love tech stuff, from gadgets to supercomputers.

My first contact with reversing was in my early days with a IBM PC/AT 286.
The DOS debug.exe and ".com" executables was awesome!

I'm not tooooo old.
Just started early.
Hi

Oh man, you're real zombie )
Just kidding, welcome to community.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to h4sh3m For This Useful Post:
Apuromafo (03-19-2020), Indigo (07-19-2019), nimaarek (07-11-2019), phroyt (06-28-2019)