Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Old 07-12-2002, 13:25
feuhrer

Question What is PE_FMX Virsus ?

Can anyone do me an favor and decribe this virus for me ?

Is it harmful ? Many of my programing software have been reported to have infected this kind of virsus . Do I have to remove that ?

And can I remove it without damaging my software ?

A second Question : can anyone tell me how to deal with the "Red_lof" virsus , which is typical of the two files of "folder.htt" and destop.ini ?

Thank you . Needing your help badly !!!
Old 07-12-2002, 23:31
tehktik

Unhappy

I have not encountered any of those virii which you have mentioned, nor do I know about them. You would perhaps have better luck asking questions of these types in other (maybe av-related) boards ... unless someone here has an answer.

Also, most av-programs have informationm regarding the virii that it has found (especially so if the program has detected it), what av program are you using? Some allow you to search for the current virii that it is protecting you against, have you tried doing that -- I know Norton Antivirus does, and it gives you information on it (such as if it is rare, polymorphic, encrypting, memory resident, etc). Good luck!
Old 07-13-2002, 09:05
feuhrer

Thank you !

Thank you !

The AV I use is Rising .

The PE_FMX Virus I mentioned ais in some of my programming tools such as MasmV6 and some of my other Exe Tools.

The Script.Red_lof.A/D Virus is in any folder you opened . It just create it't own files of "folder.htt " and "desktop.ini " . and makes the machine's speed slow .

I'll follow your advice and find more about that . Tahnks .
Old 07-23-2002, 23:05
Pozzy!

Red face

Well as I remove the damm things every day.. errm not sure about the names but I would check your processes running in the back ground and reg start up keys... Go to start run regedit search for run read the contents of the keys..

While in run depending on the O/S your using type msconfig click startup tab un check anything you feel dont look right, you can always change it back later..

for removal search google for file names or update your virus killer patch..

Most files that have the exe infected like good ol Klez Load Elkern.* have to be deleted as the exe has been modified and the killer will not know the correct bytes that were there in the first place...

Hope this is of some help

need more info MSN me at pozzzy@hotmail.com

Pozzy!

Luck