Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Old 06-28-2003, 04:23
Cyber_killer

Armadillo

I here allot about this software " armadillo" how hard is it to crack? is it really the hardest out there?

ck
Old 06-28-2003, 05:58
Manko

Whoever told you it was the hardest? Nevermind...
No, it is not. But it is harder then many others...

/Manko
Old 06-28-2003, 06:02
Drunken Squirrel

Rept. Given: 4
Rept. Rcvd 9 Times in 4 Posts
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Rcvd at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Squidge Reputation: 9
Without an automated tool, it's very "boring" to unpack, but it's certainly not the most difficult. Armadillo's strength lies in it's nanomite technology - Although this can be broken, it takes time.

So, no. It's not the hardest, but it is time consuming without an automated unpacker. Before you go thinking of downloading an unpacker however, note that none of the current public ones handle Nanomites and that Chris is very active in new releases as soon as he spots a new unpacker on the scene.

I know of two Armadillo unpackers for 3.10 which also handle nanomites, but the chances of these becoming public is extremely slim, as the people writing them like to keep them private (mainly so Chris doesn't know how they work)

Last edited by Squidge; 06-28-2003 at 06:05.
Old 06-28-2003, 06:25
Cyber_killer

Yea i suppose, its best for them to keep them to them selves otherwise they will just not work any more. Anyway thanks for the advice as i was told only XAK could crack it, which is not true then

ck
Old 06-29-2003, 20:53
Sarge

It's probably cool that the unpacker progs are not released so that the packer creater can't update his stuff, but what about those of us who need a prog unpacked? I don't suppose those who have the ability to unpack this stuff will at least let us know who they are, so we may humbly request their help?

I would be happy to PM or EM anyone who offers to help me with the target prog I am interested in.

Sarge
sargeant_G@hotmail.com
Old 06-30-2003, 16:25
QuickeneR2

Are there any decent English tutorials on unpacking and cracking Armadillo? I could only find Spanish ones (by Ricardo Narvaja) and automatic translation sucks. RCE Messageboard which used to have a good unpacking forum is down at the moment. It would be nice if someone posted links here.

Last edited by QuickeneR2; 06-30-2003 at 18:13.
Old 06-30-2003, 17:25
Drunken Squirrel

Ricardo has English versions of many of his Armadillo unpacking tuts available for download from his ftp site.
Old 06-30-2003, 21:08
Sarge

where is?

Well, I can't access the list of members to find the gentlemen (Ricardo), much less find his ftp. Can you give me a hint?

Thanks
Sarge
Old 06-30-2003, 22:23
Drunken Squirrel

ricnar456 is his username. The "search" button along the top row will give you that information.

A quick "www.google.com" will give you his tuts. I'll leave that search engine to you as an exercise
Old 07-01-2003, 00:35
Sarge

Ok, I'm on it. Thanks.

(Now, how would anyone know that "ricnar456" is him?????)

sarge
Old 07-01-2003, 01:09
Leader

Rept. Given: 5
Rept. Rcvd 199 Times in 99 Posts
Thanks Rcvd at 96 Times in 94 Posts
JMI Reputation: 100-199 JMI Reputation: 100-199
It's actually just a simple exercise in using the "search" tool at the top of the forum. If you went there and entered "Ricardo Narvaja" in the left hand side box and hit enter, you would get to posts where his name appears. If you then look at a couple of those, you will discover it is his nick on this Board and at least some of them have both his nick and his full name.

Now aren't you glad you asked?

Regards.

JMI
Old 07-01-2003, 02:35
QuickeneR2

Thanks Squidge, I got the tutes I wanted. Should finally read them :-)
Ricardo Narvaja gave me an ftp account on a mail request. Finding his e-mail address was a simple exercise in using the "search" tool (as JMI would put it) but a personal message might work too.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:05
Sarge

Well, I tried "armadillo" in the left hand box, and "Ricardo" in the right hand box, and came up empty. I did that because the right hand box clearly indicates that's where the name goes. I even tried the "partial" match on the name.

Oh, well....

sarge
Old 07-01-2003, 20:53
an0nymous

Wink v3.10

read included shit
Attached Files
File Type: txt dt.txt (27.0 KB, 283 views)
Old 07-01-2003, 21:19
cbhappy

thanks a lot!

thanks a lot!