Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2005, 00:53
ISquishWorms

Question Ollydbg Help Required. :-/

Hello all,

Yes I know only my 2nd post and I am already seeking your assistance with a problem I am having recently sorry but I am desperate and stuck with this one.

Within the last week I am having trouble getting Ollydbg to trace through some applications that I was able previously to trace without any issues and I am not sure what has caused this to happen. I have tried tracing the same applications on a different PC using the same version of Ollydbg and they trace fine so I am unsure why I am currently unable to trace them using this PC.

Let me explain the problem that I am experiencing this has only started to happen with in the last week or so. When I now try and debug any of these applications I am getting an Exception error I have tried using shift + F7 to pass the exception but this does not seem to allow the application to continue to execute. I am getting this same error for a number of applications that have not been changed in any way or updated and are not packed why would I suddenly not be able to debug applications that I could previously as I am still able to trace them on another PC that I have but really want to fix the problem on this PC. I think it may have something to do with msvcrt.dll which I believe is a dll file (I have tried replacing this file but still get the same error) that holds common C/C++ functions here is an example of the error I am getting when trying to trace the applications.

Stack [0012F69C]=77C114BC (msvcrt.77C114BC), ASCII "Access violation - no RTTI data!"
ESI=0012F730

Any help or advice in how to correct this and explanations as to why it has suddenly occurred will be greatly appreciated. The only thing I can recall changing/updating on my PC recently is ZoneAlarm and also I applied some updates via the Windows Update site.

Thanks,

ISquishWorms.