Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Old 07-21-2011, 17:49
VIP

Rept. Given: 0
Rept. Rcvd 276 Times in 98 Posts
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Rcvd at 308 Times in 95 Posts
Kerlingen Reputation: 200-299 Kerlingen Reputation: 200-299 Kerlingen Reputation: 200-299
Quick FLEXlm questions

I'm totally new to FLEXlm, so I have a few short questions. I have a (trial) license file which contains many entries like this:
Code:
PACKAGE feat1 XYZ 2011.0813 11AA22BB33CC COMPONENTS=Comp1 \
ck=107 SIGN=44DD55EE66FF

INCREMENT feat1 XYZ 2011.0813 13-aug-2011 uncounted \
1A2B3C4D5E6F VENDOR_STRING="EVAL=EVAL VERSION" \
HOSTID=ID=03407177 ck=147 SN=12345678 \
SIGN=EFCDAB896745

PACKAGE feat2 XYZ 2011.0813 [...]
  1. Is it possible to change to expiration date and apply a valid signature again without knowing some data available only to the software vendor?
  2. What signature algorithm is used? What strength does it have?
  3. Are "11AA22BB33CC" and "44DD55EE66FF" part of the same signature or two different signatures? What do they sign if they are different ones?
  4. Is "ck=107" a part of FLEXlm or something which the software vendor inserted?
  5. What does "HOSTID=ID=03407177" mean? I read that "HOSTID=ANY" is the thing which I want, but even the trial license is not locked to my computer or something.
  6. What is the difference between the PACKAGE and the INCREMENT part? Couldn't someone just put the INCREMENT entries in the PACKAGE part and would only need one signature instead of two?
Old 07-21-2011, 22:37
VIP

Rept. Given: 332
Rept. Rcvd 223 Times in 115 Posts
Thanks Given: 234
Thanks Rcvd at 512 Times in 288 Posts
sendersu Reputation: 200-299 sendersu Reputation: 200-299 sendersu Reputation: 200-299
Hi
if you are new to FlexLM but would like to start studing - I'd recommend to start from here

http://www.woodmann.com/crackz/Flexlm.htm
your questions sounds good, strong approach, good luck!

hint: short sign ( SIGN=44DD55EE66FF) == possibility to gen lic.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:31
dario_es

You shuold learn FlexLM from begining
you can search woodman's files, which can give you many usefull infomation
Old 07-22-2011, 09:35
VIP

Rept. Given: 960
Rept. Rcvd 60 Times in 33 Posts
Thanks Given: 1,104
Thanks Rcvd at 104 Times in 60 Posts
alekine322 Reputation: 60
@Kerlingen

I also am starting my study in this system of protection.
The recommendation you make, is the most appropriate.

It is important that you clarify the following:
1 .- want to learn?
2 .- do you want someone to the license?

This forum mainly is for learning.
If you search the forum, you will learn, but it takes time and dedication.
and you keep asking, just so you will learn.

Masters only will guide you

Regards
Old 08-19-2011, 07:41
Friend

Rept. Given: 4
Rept. Rcvd 3 Times in 1 Post
Thanks Rcvd at 1 Time in 1 Post
piccolo Reputation: 3
1: No, it is not that simple. Every vendor gets a specific set of keys which is compiled into the dll or lib file that is used to make the exe that you run. They are also used to make a customised lmcrypt.exe. So you would need to do some debugging to figure out those keys. Next to that you also need to check in which way the flexlm library is being used. Although mostly it will be used exactly as in the examples with the flexlm library. Anyway. The hostid=.. is found returned by the flexnet licensing utility lmhostid or by using the lc_hostid() function in your code. Generally the hostid is your uppercased mac address of your first ethernet card without spaces,minus signs and other stuff that doesnt belong. I am kind of amazed that it says HOSTID=ID=.... that is new to me. It should say HOSTID=..your mac number..

2:SIGN=... uses the lc_cryptstr function. So basically your compiled lmcrypt replaces the SIGN=0 with the SIGN=... based upon the vendor keys and other options you use. To fiddle out how it exactly works takes lots of work, you are better recompiling your own lmcrypt.

3:The PACKAGE feat1 ... 11AA22BB33CC ... has a signature SIGN=44DD55EE66FF . This is a line that belongs together even tho it is split up in two lines. So also here you should use the proper lmcrypt to generate the SIGN (hence again you need the vendor keys).

4:The ck=... doesnt look to be a standard piece, it looks vendor inserted.

5:As I said HOST=ID=... is strange. See answer 1.. And you would want to use HOSTID=ANY indeed.

6:A PACKAGE line is like PACKAGE packagename vendor [packageversion] COMPONENTS=packagelist [SUPERSEDE[=p1 p2 ..]ISSUED=date] SIGN=signature
A PACKAGE line is handy for using the a line for the license file that is has a large number of features, which largely share the same FEATURES (and thus also INCREMENT) line part. So basically if you think in classes it is the main class with its properties. The FEATURES are the properties that get put on the derived class.
Anyway this is pretty complex so I advise you to find the LicensingProgAndRefGuide to find all the details.. So google around and you'll find all the info needed.
Old 08-20-2011, 17:09
Friend

Rept. Given: 2
Rept. Rcvd 8 Times in 6 Posts
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Rcvd at 50 Times in 27 Posts
QuakeGamer Reputation: 8
1) About HOSTID=ID=...
FlexLM Accepts:

HOSTID=ANY
HOSTID=DEMO
HOSTID=COMPOSITE=composit_hostid
HOSTID=DISPLAY=display
HOSTID=HOSTNAME=host
HOSTID=ID=n
HOSTID=INTERNET=###.###.###.###
HOSTID=USER=user

Many targets do not accept HOSTID=ANY anymore. So HOSTID=ID=number is a good way to have a license, not beeing locked to a single System.

2) About the ck= thingie.

This is a Standard FlexLM Feature (nothing vendor defined). You can check the ck with lmcksum.

3)
Quote:
"What is the difference between the PACKAGE and the INCREMENT part? Couldn't someone just put the INCREMENT entries in the PACKAGE part and would only need one signature instead of two?"
If a duplicate feature is found, FEATURE just overwrites the old one. INCREMENT increments the licenses for the Feature. Correct me, if i'm wrong there.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:05
Friend

Rept. Given: 4
Rept. Rcvd 3 Times in 1 Post
Thanks Rcvd at 1 Time in 1 Post
piccolo Reputation: 3
1+2: I think this is because I looked in an older version. I did find the DISPLAY back but not the ID= in the pdf files.. But I dug around in the lmhostid.h and yes there it was.. It looks to be the hdd serial number. Now I also found it in the pdf.. Thanks for the pointer. It apparently is user to lock the license user system blah..
I didnt find the ck= so quickly.. That manual was always a mess.. Where did you find the reference?
3: you are totally right as far as I see..
Old 08-21-2011, 06:18
Friend

1) ID rather ist just some identification number. It doesnt verify against anything on the system. Its a nice alternative to HOSTID=ANY, if the target does not accept ANY hostid. HOST=ID=123456789 works then

2) See: http://wwwasd.web.cern.ch/wwwasd/lhc++/FLEXLM/htmlman/flexuser/chap6.htm (i think it was the first google hit ). You can just build your own lmcrypt and check if it calculates something for ck=. And you will notice, that it does
Old 08-21-2011, 06:51
Friend

I dont seem to be able to edit my former posts. Sorry for the double post.
Seemed i forgot to add something above.

hdd serial number can be used with:
HOSTID=DISK_SERIAL_NUM=n