Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Old 06-09-2003, 14:05
nine

Windows Server 2003 compatible packers / encryptors?

As far as I tested, exe processed with many of those packers / encryptors around fail to start on Windows Server 2003. So far only ASPack can create compatible executable. Does anybody know the cause / workaround to this problem, or know other packer / encryptor that can do the job?
Old 06-10-2003, 21:02
Fred

Hello,

Do you have Windows Server 2003?
I use "EXE Stealth" Protector. Run this on Windows Server 2003?

Please test it?
Old 06-11-2003, 10:18
nine

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred
Do you have Windows Server 2003?
I use "EXE Stealth" Protector. Run this on Windows Server 2003?
Hi, do you refer to this EXE stealth at hxxp://www.webtoolmaster.com/downloadd.htm?
If so, the test result is negative. My app encrypted with that software couldn't run on Windows Server 2003 (on WinXP it's OK), though I'm not sure all app are affected or not.

BTW this "EXE stealth" is VERY alike to the cryptor that is called yoda's cryptor which is open source, though EXE stealth has more anti-debugger options. Is it rip?

Even UPXed executables doesn't run on Win 2K3. (UPX has another problem with VC++ 7.1 generated PE, thus useless for VS.NET 2003 users anyway)

I doubt this is the new and simple form of security protection implemented in Win2K3, for some of those virii are encrypted with those packers. Win2k3 is fairly good OS, faster than WinXP or Linux, more stable than XP, and like, but this issue about packed executable is kinda problem.

Does anyone hack the scheme of PE check in Win2k3? I myself is not so good at reversing. I could run only ASpack-ed executable so far on Win2K3, what's the difference?
Old 06-12-2003, 19:28
Fred

Hello,

Thanks...

Can you test PECompact V1.84 too?

ASPack run. I need a packer for all OS too.

Other question: Is Win2003 Server new?
Is this the next XP WinOS???

Or is it only for version server?