Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2004, 05:01
yaa

Question Stupid question: module has entry point outside of code???

Hello,

sorry for posting this (probably most stupid) question but not having been able to understand it alone .....
Anyway, I have an application that loaded with ollydbg makes it display the usual "Module xxxxxx has entry point outside code (as specified in the PE header). Maybe ....". Now, the application isn't packed .... but this is not the point, the point is why the message??? I mean, what does ollydbg display such a message??? I thought it was due to the entry point's section characteristics and in fact the section containing the EP does not have a CODE and a MEM_EXECUTE flag. Unfortunately changing its characteristics assigning both of them to it (going from C0000040 to E000020) has no sort of effect. What then maked ollydbg state that the entry point is outside code???

Also, I was wondering, in ollydbg's Memory Map what determines what is displayed in the "Contains" column??? I thought ollydbg analyzed all section's characteristics but by changing them with a tool such as LordPE or PETools does not cause any changes in what get displayed in that column!!!

yaa