Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Old 02-13-2004, 15:53
least

Hi,
to the breakpoints that doesn't break in sice, which system you use? If it is XP, it is known problem which has been discussed many times on woodmanns forum.
One question concerning your post, what aplication nags "the injected code is not responding" olly or that app?
Also try to look to binaries of your program and search for that "The trial period has ended. You have no more uses left.". If you won't find it plain, try also unicode. This could narrow your search; also instead of setting classical breakpoint try memory breakpoint (on read) on the api adress in import table.
Hope it helps.
least
Old 02-13-2004, 23:02
bartster

Least,

I have XP Pro and I didn't know that it was a problem for this OS. I've been doing so much reading this past week that I didn't think about searching the forums for problems with softice.

I never thought about trying unicode. I didn't use it mainly cuz I didn't know what it was. I still have no idea what unicode so I guess now would be a good time for me to read up on it and learn. Maybe someone can save me some time and just tell what unicode is and how it is different from ASCII.

It is ollydbg that tells me that the "injected code is not responding". I get that same message with other files and programs too so until I figure out why I get that message and how to fix it ollydbg is almost useless to me.

I will try the memory breakpoints on the API address and see if that does anything. Are you referring to the import table of the main exe? I don't think that one calls the function I'm looking for. I don't know which file does so I guess I will have to look at a lot of import tables.

Thanks for the help and advice!

P.S. Does anyone want to try and work on this program with me? If so, please let me know.
Old 02-13-2004, 23:29
Satyric0n

I would be happy to work on this program with you (indeed, I could make use of it in the next month or two anyway ), but I don't want to have to order the trial CD to get it...

Regards,
Satyric0n
Old 02-14-2004, 01:15
bartster

SatyricOn,

That would be great to have some help! I believe that this is a fairly complicated program and not easy to crack so if I could figure this one out, most others should be easier.

I would be happy to send it to you. I just need to know how to get it to you.

I see 2 options:

#1. Break it up into many pieces with winrar and send you one piece at a time through email.

#2. Use an IM program and send it through that. I have MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, and ICQ.

I have cable modem and connect at 2meg so it wouldn't take long through an IM if your connection is fast too. I have seen speeds of 150kb/sec when I connect with another cable modem through ICQ.

If you have any other suggestions as to how I can send it to you please let me know.

As far as the code goes I am going to try a different approach to cracking it. When you go to register it you have to enter a 4 digit alphanumeric#. I am going to try to find the code that generates the correct#.

This one is tricky though! The correct key is based on a 4 digit numeric# that changes every time the program is installed or if you enter the wrong#. So you have to enter the correct# the first time. What I want to do is get the program to accept whatever# I put in. I will have to find the code where it gets the text from the window which I will assume is the getwindowtext function. Then change the conditional statement where it jumps back to the window if it is the wrong code and make it continue on and generate a registration# and write the corresponding files in the folder and the registry. It seems like that would be the better approach. If you have any comments or suggestions about this please let me know.

Thanks
Old 02-14-2004, 01:31
Satyric0n

bartster,

I have set up an FTP and PM'd you the details.

Regards,
Satyric0n