Exetools  

Go Back   Exetools > General > General Discussion

Notices

Old 09-03-2004, 20:35
chloupp

softice and WinXP

I used to use Numega SoftIce 4.0x on my Win95 without any problems. I've changed platform to WinXP and tried to use a newer version of SICE (4.3.0 Lite). After manual startup of SICE the net1.exe process spends 99% of CPU and system strongly slows down. All other common processes become slow and unstable (memory access violation). The symbol loader works very slow too. This way the whole system become frozen soon and just one thing works properly and fast - CTRL+D & HBOOT.

Has anybody ever solved similar problems like this ? I don't suppose that's a normal feature of SICE on WinXP platform.

I'm very sorry for this "evergreen" topic but I really don't have any idea to solve it.
Old 09-03-2004, 21:11
WARM3CH

The issue of SoftICE and XP has been discussed in these forums for a Gazillion times! It's better you do a simple search before asking a question like this. And I tell you, JMI will not be happy to see this as your first post
Old 09-03-2004, 21:27
0KRam

Ripped versions of SoftIce don't work in XP.
You have to install Numega SoftICE Driver Suite
(version 2.7 and up)
Old 09-03-2004, 21:54
chloupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0KRam
Ripped versions of SoftIce don't work in XP.
You have to install Numega SoftICE Driver Suite
(version 2.7 and up)
I thing that my Softice 4.3.0 Lite is a part of DriverStudio 3.0, so it's newer one than you said about (2.7 and above). I know that the best way is to install the latest version, but I simply don't have it .
Old 09-04-2004, 00:25
Leader

Rept. Given: 5
Rept. Rcvd 199 Times in 99 Posts
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Rcvd at 96 Times in 94 Posts
JMI Reputation: 100-199 JMI Reputation: 100-199
Sigh.

Step One: Use the SEARCH button. Enter "softice and XP and/or winxp" (without the quotes) Read EVERYTHING you find.

Step Two: Go to www.woodmann.com. Use the SEARCH button. Enter "softice and XP and/or winxp" (without the quotes) Read EVERYTHING you find.

Step Three: Go to www.google. com. Enter "softice and XP and/or winxp" (without the quotes) Read EVERYTHING you find.

THEN come and say you've search for answers to questions that have been asked and answered in many places before, but didn't understand what you read.

Regards,
Old 09-04-2004, 22:40
fsheron

version 2.7 work fine on WinXP.