Old 08-31-2004, 22:16
VIP

Rept. Given: 2
Rept. Rcvd 21 Times in 9 Posts
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Rcvd at 65 Times in 34 Posts
jonwil Reputation: 21
where to get headers like winuserp.h?

I see lots of references throughout the leaked MS code to header files like winuderp.h and stuff (from what I can tell, there seems to be one set for documenting all the NTDLL.DLL stuff and another set that documents the stuff in the userland dlls that they dont want ppl outside of MS calling/using.

But where do I get this stuff from?
Old 08-31-2004, 22:42
thewhiz

This is leaked code and strictly by realizing the size of the leaked code, you have to realize it is absolutely not complete. Further, this code was not leaked by Microsoft and as such has been modified by their partner.

There have been a lot of threads on this code. Likely searching on this forum would help you find answers to such questions.
Old 08-31-2004, 23:52
Leader

Rept. Given: 5
Rept. Rcvd 199 Times in 99 Posts
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Rcvd at 96 Times in 94 Posts
JMI Reputation: 100-199 JMI Reputation: 100-199
You don't mean to say that searching for information might be a useful way to find information, do you? Who would have thunk it. Has a nice ring to it though. Maybe I'll use something like that.

Regards,
Old 09-01-2004, 00:20
thewhiz

That crazy Google-esque idea, yeah, I've heard it works. Dunno, seems kind of new and difficult to use
Old 09-01-2004, 00:27
Leader

Rept. Given: 5
Rept. Rcvd 199 Times in 99 Posts
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Rcvd at 96 Times in 94 Posts
JMI Reputation: 100-199 JMI Reputation: 100-199
Apparently for jonwill. He's posted several questions related to this same topic since yesterday, all of which could have been solved for himself with a little simple searching. But, we know that is soooo hard, actually doing some of the work oneself. All that "thinking" about what one might actually search for and pushing those keys and mouse and stuff. Truely exhausting.

Regards,
Old 09-01-2004, 11:24
VIP

Rept. Given: 2
Rept. Rcvd 21 Times in 9 Posts
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Rcvd at 65 Times in 34 Posts
jonwil Reputation: 21
I already searched google and the forums and didnt find anything usefull.

However, after a bit more, I discovered that the public\oak\inc, public\sdk\inc and private\inc folders seem to contain most of the public windows SDK headers plus a bunch of private stuff (like the previously not known to the world except in a few rare pieces of MS example code nt.h)

And also that if you go into private\windows and do nmake makefil0 (and compile the various tools the process needs from private\sdktools), it will "build" the plaform SDK headers for you. Not only that, it will also "build" all the private headers like winuserp.h and wingdip.h (something I didnt know untill I did a grep through the whole source tree for the string winuserp, I had already looked for winuserp.h but didnt find it)

So (at least for NT4), I have what I wanted (namely the secret microsoft headers documenting all the stuff in the user DLLs that isnt documented in the Platform SDK or MSDN)

And I also have a nice insight into how microsoft builds (or at least used to build) the Windows Platform SDK headers.
And it proves that there is stuff microsoft doesnt want other people to use.